Draft watch

Johnny Nix

Honestly, I doubt we take a QB at all.  I bet we roll with Barkley as Andy's backup at least the next 2 years, and then maybe think about a QB to take high to groom 1 year behind Andy.  We still have Driskell as a the PS QB

If the Bengals want to be competitive this year, they need to double down on drafting OL players, maybe even triple down. Any position would be ok on the OL, even another C should they decide to want to move Price to OG. Looking at Will Hernandez, James Daniels, Austin Corbett, Connor Williams, Orlando Brown, or Tyrell Crosby here.

Should they decide to not go that route in the 2nd round, there's always a need for LB which this team has been dying for the past several years. Malik Jefferson, Jerome Baker, or Lorenzo Carter would be nice.

The wildcard in the 2nd round could be TE. Dallas Goedert and Mike Gesicki would be great value picks at 47.

Positions such as QB, DL, and DB can wait till the 3rd round IMO. Your 1st and 2nd round picks should be expected to be starting players right off the bat.

47 minutes ago, TheVillain112 said:

I'm expecting us to draft someone like Sam Hubbard in the 2nd.  Which I don't want to see happen... 

Pass on Hubbard, but I'd love to see Tyquan Lewis on the board at 100.  Looking at the depth chart, I'm starting to think we go either DT or LB.  Maybe DE

QB: Andy Dalton Matt Barkley Jeff Driskel    
RB: Joe Mixon Giovanni Bernard Tra Carson Brian Hill Jarveon Williams
HB: Ryan Hewitt Cethan Carter      
WR: AJ Green Alex Erickson Tyler Boyd Cody Core  
WR: Brandon Lafell John Ross Josh Malone    
TE: Tyler Eifert Tyler Kroft CJ Uzomah Mason Schreck  
LT: Cordy Glenn Cedric Ogbuehi Justin Murray    
LG: Clint Boling Alex Redmond      
C: Billy Price TJ Johnson      
RG: Christian Westerman Trey Hopkins      
RT: Eric Fisher Bobby Hart Kent Perkins    

LDE: Carlos Dunlap        
UDT: Geno Atkins Ryan Glasgow      
NDT: Andrew Billings Chris Baker Josh Tupou    
RDE: Michael Johnson Carl Lawson Jordan Willis    
WLB: Vontaze Burfict Jordan Evans      
MLB: Preston Brown Hardy Nickerson      
SLB: Vincent Rey Nick Vigil Brandon Bell    
LCB: William Jackson III Josh Shaw KeiVarie Russell    
FS: George Iloka Clayton Fejedelem      
SS: Shawn Williams Brandon Wilson      
RCB: Dre Kirkpatrick Darqueze Dennard Tony McRae    

K: Randy Bullock        
P: Kevin Huber        
LS: Clark Harris        

2 hours ago, Beck Bristow said:

Anyway, I think linebacker is our best opportunity to see instant impact.

x100000

idk why maybe I just blacked it out of my mind, but I just realized we still have Vinny Rey on the roster.  We need to draft as many LBs and Safeties as possible so he doesn't need to see the field...

7 minutes ago, johndeere1707 said:

I’m intrigued by that Darius Leonard fella. Him and Tegray Scales

Will have to check out Leonard.  I watched a couple of cut ups of Scales, so I'm not the authority on him but he didn't impress me at all.  Hoping we don't draft him.

Devante Downs is the LB I want most.  Could have been a Day 2 pick if he didn't get hurt.  We can probably snag him in the mid-rounds...

Archived