Draft watch

Johnny Nix

13 hours ago, johndeere1707 said:

I think Connor Williams had a way better college career than Ogbeuhi. I really didn’t think Ogbeuhi even had a good college career to begin with so I don’t think it’s fair to compare. I like him better than McGlinchey. Orlando Brown is gonna be a beast at RT I just don’t see him being that prototypical LT, but it’s ok because we need both 

I think Williams falls to day two due to the lack of strength.  You can disguise it in the spread on Saturdays, but not on Sundays.

17 minutes ago, johndeere1707 said:

Hobson posted an article saying he doesn’t see the Bengals going O-line at 12, and said they could be looking to add a play making safety in the draft 

I would be ok with a safety like James (Florida State I think). Would look at the lineup we had years ago with Shaun Williams as a LB in nickel with Iloka and a true FS

17 minutes ago, johndeere1707 said:

Hobson posted an article saying he doesn’t see the Bengals going O-line at 12, and said they could be looking to add a play making safety in the draft 

I would be ok with a safety like James (Florida State I think). Would look at the lineup we had years ago with Shaun Williams as a LB in nickel with Iloka and a true FS

1 hour ago, johndeere1707 said:

Hobson will put out whatever misinformation the team tells him to.

53 minutes ago, Beck Bristow said:

This. Although I do agree with not slotting yourself into a specific position. Does anyone know about the OT from Pitt? O'Neil I think.

The fact that Hobson states that safety is a bigger need over LB (which he doesn't even mention as a day 1 or 2 need) tells me all i need to know about his opinion at this point.....

Haven’t started looking into many players yet but I wouldn’t be against grabbing one of the top DT’s in the first or second if o line is a big reach and they are sticking with Dalton. It's not much of a need but the tape jumps out and another stud next to Geno would be really fun to watch.

9 hours ago, Futbudds said:

Haven’t started looking into many players yet but I wouldn’t be against grabbing one of the top DT’s in the first or second if o line is a big reach and they are sticking with Dalton. It's not much of a need but the tape jumps out and another stud next to Geno would be really fun to watch.

I'll never really be against getting better on the d-line or the o-line.  Barring a franchise QB starring us in the face, I'd be ok with taking one of those every year in round 1.  That said, it looks like WJ3 is going to be a stud.

Archived