Draft watch

Johnny Nix

On 1/16/2018 at 8:50 AM, Beck Bristow said:

Has anyone gone and looked at what we could have instead of Fisher and Ced? Like was there a stud linebacker or center that we should have taken?

At the time I wanted DT Malcolm Brown in the 1st, Tyler Lockett in the 2nd and Lael Collins in the 7th. 

On 2/2/2018 at 9:31 PM, sparky151 said:

At the time I wanted DT Malcolm Brown in the 1st, Tyler Lockett in the 2nd and Lael Collins in the 7th. 

1-21 Jake Fisher, OT, Oregon 
2-53 Stephone Anthony, LB, Clemson 
3-85 Chris Conley, WR, Georgia 
3-99 Jesse James, TE, Penn State 
4-120 Gabe Wright, DL, Auburn 
4-135 Denzel Perryman, LB, Miami 
5-157 Stefon Diggs, WR, Maryland 
6-197 Corey Crawford , DL, Clemson 
7-238 Anthony Harris, S, Virginia Tech 

http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=561380

From the old board.  We still end up with Fisher, but at least we get Jesse James, Stephone Anthony, Perryman, and Diggs.  I'll take it just for Diggs...xD

50 minutes ago, TheVillain112 said:

From the old board.  We still end up with Fisher, but at least we get Jesse James, Stephone Anthony, Perryman, and Diggs.  I'll take it just for Diggs...xD

Diggs alone would have made that draft a home run.  AJ Green and Diggs?  Probably the best combo in the NFL.  The guy I want this year that everyone seems to have in the lower rounds is Javon Wims.

3 hours ago, TheVillain112 said:

I remember wanting both Diggs guys that year.  Stefon and the CB Quandre.  But I distinctly remember wanting Malcolm Brown in the first.

3 hours ago, THE DUKE said:

Diggs alone would have made that draft a home run.  AJ Green and Diggs?  Probably the best combo in the NFL.  The guy I want this year that everyone seems to have in the lower rounds is Javon Wims.

Agreed.  I'd like to have Wims.  Last year I wanted Dupre or the guy from Texas A&M.  The year before it was Conley.  And Diggs before that.  (Or maybe I wanted a couple of guys the same draft class, if there is cross-over)

17 hours ago, THE DUKE said:

Maybe.  I like Diggs, but i have to question whether he'd become anything in Cincinnati.  He got a lot of early opportunities with the Vikings because they don't have a lot of WR talent.  He could have been buried on the bench in Cincinnati, or cut.

It happens every year.  I develop man crushes on certain prospects.  Here are some that have come to fruition so far:

Josey Jewell (LB - Iowa) -  Stud LB.  Would be a great fit here pairing with Tez.

Joshua Jackson (CB - Iowa) - Long ball hawking Corner.  He's going round 1 and I'm not pulling for him to land here, but great prospect none the less.

Orlando Brown (OT - Oklahoma) - My personal pick for us at 12 at the moment.  Always subject to change right?  Talk of him having a narrow stance etc. dont have me too concerned.  He's a mauler.

Billy Price (C - Ohio St) - I still cant believe he's made it this far.  Remember back to is early days at OSU, he was a bit of a lost cause. Man have things changed!

Trenton Thompson (DT - Georgia)  - Could be an option for us in the 2nd.  I'm in the group that believes DT is a major need.

James Daniels (C - Iowa) - The more realistic option to land in Cincy, as Price may be gone before round 2.  Apparently I like the Hawkeyes.  

Maurice Hurst (DT - Michigan) - Undersized penetrating 3T.  I think we have more of a need at NT, but Hurst is top of my board at DT.

DJ Moore (WR - Maryland) - This kid went through 27 quarterbacks and still had a hell of a year.  He'll likely rise up boards too early for us to consider.

Deontay Burnett (WR Southern Cal) - Smooth slot receiver with great hands.  

Adam Breneman ( TE - UMass) - The former Penn St tight end got derailed by a few injuries and never recovered to unseat Gesicki.  He is super athletic and would be a great fit with Kroft. 

Uchenna Nwosu ( OLB - Southern Cal) - This kid a has a serious nose for the ball, and can rush the passer on 3rd down.  

There are of course more, but this is enough for now!  I'm sure my valuation on these guys will be way off, but tis the season.  

49 minutes ago, HangOnSloopy said:

It happens every year.  I develop man crushes on certain prospects.  Here are some that have come to fruition so far:

Josey Jewell (LB - Iowa) -  Stud LB.  Would be a great fit here pairing with Tez.

Joshua Jackson (CB - Iowa) - Long ball hawking Corner.  He's going round 1 and I'm not pulling for him to land here, but great prospect none the less.

Orlando Brown (OT - Oklahoma) - My personal pick for us at 12 at the moment.  Always subject to change right?  Talk of him having a narrow stance etc. dont have me too concerned.  He's a mauler.

Billy Price (C - Ohio St) - I still cant believe he's made it this far.  Remember back to is early days at OSU, he was a bit of a lost cause. Man have things changed!

Trenton Thompson (DT - Georgia)  - Could be an option for us in the 2nd.  I'm in the group that believes DT is a major need.

James Daniels (C - Iowa) - The more realistic option to land in Cincy, as Price may be gone before round 2.  Apparently I like the Hawkeyes.  

Maurice Hurst (DT - Michigan) - Undersized penetrating 3T.  I think we have more of a need at NT, but Hurst is top of my board at DT.

DJ Moore (WR - Maryland) - This kid went through 27 quarterbacks and still had a hell of a year.  He'll likely rise up boards too early for us to consider.

Adam Breneman ( TE - UMass) - The former Penn St tight end got derailed by a few injuries and never recovered to unseat Gesicki.  He is super athletic and would be a great fit with Kroft. 

Uchenna Nwosu ( OLB - Southern Cal) - This kid a has a serious nose for the ball, and can rush the passer on 3rd down.  

There are of course more, but this is enough for now!  I'm sure my valuation on these guys will be way off, but tis the season.  

Breneman has been too hurt for my liking.  Think of a broken version of Eifert before he even entered the draft.

On 2/14/2018 at 12:24 PM, HangOnSloopy said:

Iowa was one of the only Ohio State games I missed this year. Of course they are loaded with guys that would look good in stripes.

Archived