2022 Off-Season Thread: The Dead szn...

Dcash4

7 minutes ago, Dcash4 said:

Damn that Colbert! Making him sign a 1 year deal. Dammit all to hell! 

Opportunity cost is a 5th Rd pick by letting him walk. You just got Spoon for a 5th. One year deal or not, I don't like the deal. 

If you let JuJu walk, it's like the same thing. You get a starter for a year. But maybe you could draft a starter for four years if you go the compensation route

It is my understanding JuJu is not eligible for the compensation pick bc they added void years. Not a hundred on that one.

I mean technically right now the starters are in place for the oline 

Moore , Dotson , green , mason , chuks 

If you would of told me they were to spend 15mil apy on Olineman, that's not what I would of pictured 

But they're all young and should improve, crossing fingers they know what they're doing there 

Now cut banner and shoebert, and get some defensive help , sign Witherspoon & whitehead 

5 hours ago, Raidersfan1 said:

Opportunity cost is a 5th Rd pick by letting him walk. You just got Spoon for a 5th. One year deal or not, I don't like the deal. 

If you let JuJu walk, it's like the same thing. You get a starter for a year. But maybe you could draft a starter for four years if you go the compensation route

It is my understanding JuJu is not eligible for the compensation pick bc they added void years. Not a hundred on that one.

Isn't the comp pick, based on you not signing anyone comparable? 

They were signing guys this year, so I think your comp pick is out the window ...if they let chuks walk and not sign anyone then ok you get a comp pick 

And you can not like him all you want and think the 1 year deal is bad but chuks @ 1 year is better then having a 5th round comp next year ...at least my opinion

2 hours ago, Cbrunn said:

I mean technically right now the starters are in place for the oline 

Moore , Dotson , green , mason , chuks 

If you would of told me they were to spend 15mil apy on Olineman, that's not what I would of pictured 

But they're all young and should improve, crossing fingers they know what they're doing there 

Now cut banner and shoebert, and get some defensive help , sign Witherspoon & whitehead 

Shouldn't they draft a C or OT 1st round, Linderbaum at center seems better than Cole or Green and move Green to guard and put Cole as a backup.  Then again why pay $5 mil a year for a backup center I guess.  Still does seem odd, unless they really like Moore at LT and really like Green at center?

35 minutes ago, warfelg said:

Okorafor is $6.3mil in dead cap if you cut him after the season. 

He ain’t gonna get cut after year one. 

You would also save nearly $7M. And the cap floor is expected to *start* at the mid $220’s and with the TV money could be $230+. This years number is still depressed because of the pandemic crunch. 

It’s not a big deal.

9 hours ago, MOSteelers56 said:

Curse my knee jerk reactions lol

The thing is with this team it's not knee jerk.  We pay out the largest part of contracts, we rarely cut anyone, and this team is very predictable.  The starters will be Moore, Dotson, Green, Cole, Okorafor.  Unless they have someone in the draft rated incredibly high and they fall, that's your 2022 starting OL. If this team surprised us a bit more in things like that then I wouldn't have a "knee jerk" reaction.  As of this moment start penciling in WR, ILB, CB, S as the 1st round pick.

Some more moves that hit the NFLPA cap updates.

Edited by warfelg

Justin Reid signed with the Chiefs for 3/$31.5mil.  I liked him as a replacement for Edmunds.

That means Tyrann Mattheau is out there, and I wouldn't mind him as a replacement.  He can cover the slot, he can cover TE's, he plays the run, he can play deep zone, he can play shallow zone, and he's a decent blitzer.  He would bring about some of what we lost with Mike Hilton.  Additionally I think he's a guy you could give the green dot and would be able to make all the calls defensively.  My last thing I like about him is it allows you to disguise coverages really nicely with Fitzpatrick in that you don't know where either one can really be lining up play to play and what will be where they cover.

• Like 1

I dunno what the Jags are doing.  Yeesh, like the Kirk deal it might take a little but for things to calm down.

EDIT::

DJ Chark just got 1 year $10mil fully guaranteed from the Lions.  Peace Juju cuz you are worth more than Chark.

Edited by warfelg

42 minutes ago, warfelg said:

Justin Reid signed with the Chiefs for 3/$31.5mil.  I liked him as a replacement for Edmunds.

That means Tyrann Mattheau is out there, and I wouldn't mind him as a replacement.  He can cover the slot, he can cover TE's, he plays the run, he can play deep zone, he can play shallow zone, and he's a decent blitzer.  He would bring about some of what we lost with Mike Hilton.  Additionally I think he's a guy you could give the green dot and would be able to make all the calls defensively.  My last thing I like about him is it allows you to disguise coverages really nicely with Fitzpatrick in that you don't know where either one can really be lining up play to play and what will be where they cover.

Was just about to post something similar in here, I think Tyrann would be a great fit as long as it’s not a monster deal.

I wonder why the Chiefs didn’t make an offer to him though, makes you kind of scratch your head. 

Give me Tyrann>Whitehead>Edmonds