2022 Off-Season Thread: The Dead szn...

Dcash4

Jermaine Johnson and Darrien Beavers would be such a 'baller' first two picks. With Jayon Brown in FA and reversing the Spillane and Marcus Allen nonsensical $4m spending. Perhaps keeping the best special teamer...

Reminiscent to the Timmons and Woodley draft of recent past. That was such a pivotal draft to set the tone on defense.

7 minutes ago, warfelg said:

Not quite like that.  More like Licht calls NE and says “we’re looking for help along the OL, we’re looking to move a mid round pick, anyone fit that mold?”

I get that, but they just trade a dude wayyyyyy under value. I get calls can spark something, but how do you just sign off on that without doing more work? If that's the best they got - I am super surprised. 

Ohhh I mocked Levi to us. I am personally pretty excited. Just a good player, but has physical limitations. Fits my desired mold of group of competent guys vs just 1 stud.

But now for the other competent guys....Has Witherspoon actually signed yet?

4 minutes ago, Dcash4 said:

I get that, but they just trade a dude wayyyyyy under value. I get calls can spark something, but how do you just sign off on that without doing more work? If that's the best they got - I am super surprised. 

Unless NE knows something that TB doesn’t. Maybe he’s starting to decline.  Or they were going to cut him at the end of the season and they look at it as getting the comp pick without waiting.

Basically if you think you are about to pull one over on certain GM’s, I’d pull a “whoops wrong number” and hang up.

Edited by warfelg

2 minutes ago, Dcash4 said:

Ohhh I mocked Levi to us. I am personally pretty excited. Just a good player, but has physical limitations. Fits my desired mold of group of competent guys vs just 1 stud.

But now for the other competent guys....Has Witherspoon actually signed yet?

I’d counter that we were set up for that 1 stud (especially in the secondary) being the difference.  A group of competent guys means it’s harder to contain top WR’s and its harder to scheme around one guy being able to do one thing.  Having that “guy” can really alter the complexion of the defense.

18 minutes ago, BradfordSteeler said:

Bills friend says Wallace is good enough to be CB2, are we trusting Witherspoon to be CB1 off the back of 5 admittedly very good games?

We havent had a true number 1 caliber corner since probably Rod Woodson.   Certainly not in recent memory.

Id be fine with two CB2 caliber corners starting with Sutton at nickle.    Essentially what we had with Haden and Nelson.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, warfelg said:

I’d counter that we were set up for that 1 stud (especially in the secondary) being the difference.  A group of competent guys means it’s harder to contain top WR’s and its harder to scheme around one guy being able to do one thing.  Having that “guy” can really alter the complexion of the defense.

Honestly if our pass rush returns back to peak levels I think a trio of Wallace, Witherspoon, and Sutton will be fine. 

• Like 1

Kaiir Elam can be your #1 CB 

Young guy at I think 20 maybe the youngest in the class I think I read, check 

NFL bloodlines, check 

Power 5, check 

Press m2m corner, check 

Athletic profile, check

Edited by Cbrunn

3 minutes ago, bigben07MVP said:

Honestly if our pass rush returns back to peak levels I think a trio of Wallace, Witherspoon, and Sutton will be fine. 

Doesn’t really matter to me.  Having that one guy that can erase the other teams best is always better.  

5 minutes ago, Cbrunn said:

Kaiir Elam can be your #1 CB 

Young guy at I think 20 maybe the youngest in the class I think I read, check 

NFL bloodlines, check 

Power 5, check 

Press m2m corner, check 

Athletic profile, check

Could happen, but I can't see the Steelers going into the draft with that hole.    I think they want to be able to have the option to go BPA at almost any position.