2022 Off-Season Thread: The Dead szn...

Dcash4

38 minutes ago, 43M said:

As for Witherspoon.....expected.   More absolutely gross mismanagement of our secondary by Colbert and Tomlin.     Trade two 5th rounders for a 9 game rental.   ******* embarrassing.

Lol the quote says we’re are still interested in signing him? He’s still 26 y/o and looked like a lockdown corner in a small sample size last year

Any chance to pile on Colbert and Tomlin though amiright?

EDIT: if we do re-sign him and his play carries over into next season and beyond, what is so “embarrassing” about that?

Edited by bigben07MVP
  • Like 1

31 minutes ago, 43M said:

I wouldnt say Id LOVE to have Haden back, but I kind of expected it might happen.    On a cheap one year deal, I dont really mind....but we still are going to have to draft a corner early.   

I feel the same way here. Wouldn't be my favorite move and I don't really understand why they would wait on Witherspoon for Haden...but his brains have been his super power the last couple of years with the physicals leaving. Would be a great guy to have around to be an on-field coach for a younger player. 

If they added a really solid (better than Edmunds) safety to the mix I would really like it. If they brought back Edmunds I would like to see them upgrade the outside corner spot athletically. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 43M said:

Im hoping they sign someone in training camp.   I doubt they sign anyone before the draft, and I dont necessarily blame them.    They could potentially draft a late rounder.

Snell and McFarland have both worn out their welcome.   Snell is as blah as they get, and McFarland has shown nothing since he has been here.   Time to move on....but I doubt we do.

I’d prefer Steelers not to spend another mid-late rd pick on a rb, but I wouldn’t necessarily be against it either. I absolutely agree Steelers SHOULD move on from Snail and McFarland (realistically one of them but I don’t see both). I wouldn’t mind a Boston Scott or Philip Lindsey signing. Not sure what dollars they would command, but if one of them could be had for cheap, I’d be on board.

1 hour ago, bigben07MVP said:

Lol the quote says we’re are still interested in signing him? He’s still 26 y/o and looked like a lockdown corner in a small sample size last year

Any chance to pile on Colbert and Tomlin though amiright?

EDIT: if we do re-sign him and his play carries over into next season and beyond, what is so “embarrassing” about that?

1)  have we signed him yet?   No?   Thats what I thought.

2)  For the billionth time, any pessimism is based on more than just one instance.     If we keep him....fine.   if not, it was a poor move for our seconday, which is pretty common with them.

But hey, any chance to white knight for Colbert and Tomlin, huh?

14 minutes ago, 43M said:

1)  have we signed him yet?   No?   Thats what I thought.

2)  For the billionth time, any pessimism is based on more than just one instance.     If we keep him....fine.   if not, it was a poor move for our seconday, which is pretty common with them.

But hey, any chance to white knight for Colbert and Tomlin, huh?

You didn’t say “IF they let him go…” You’re labeling something that hasn’t even happened yet as “******* embarrassing” lol. I would understand if I shared something that made it look like he was gone but the quote I shared says we are still trying to resign him and that is your reaction? 

I have criticized Tomlin specifically plenty of times on this board. If we do end up letting it go of Witherspoon, I will agree it was a pretty bad move especially with the loss of the comp pick.

Its still very much in the realm of outcomes that we bring him back and he has a great year next year, would that be “******* embarrassing”?

If he does end up going to another team then we can both be mad together but that’s clearly not a forgone conclusion yet.

5 minutes ago, August4th said:

Was a foregone conclusion after the brought back Chuks on that deal. 

Sorry, Zach. I enjoyed you and had hopes that you were going to blossom into an average starting RT and we would be set at that position....but, such is life in the NFL. 

Crap, I forgot John LeGlue was still on the team too as a G. 

Cole, Green, Daniels, Dotson, LeGlue, Haussenhaur, Finny (?) all with starting experience battling for 5 spots. Someone with experience is going to get IRed or put on the PS and poached. Basically, I don’t see IOL drafted unless it’s a complete along the line swing guy. 

Edited by warfelg