Jets sign OG Laken Tomlinson

Bianconero

1 hour ago, xrade said:

Yeah, I think that rules out OL in round 1.  However, I'd still like to see OT either on day 2 or rd 3 to push / backup Mekhi and/or to replace Fant next year.

Yeah, I think this makes it less likely we go OT in R1. Maybe we would still take Neal. I'm all for drafting a OT later and having them behind Fant. 

Seriously glad this happened. This also kills the idea JD is not willing to spend. He found someone that was a great fit and went for it. I just want to see a TE, #2 RB, and another WR (At some point). Definitely don't sign one now. The market is all jacked up because of the Jags. Trade or draft. 

Laken had a bad few years with the lions when they drafted him in the first round. He went to the 49ers and became one of the best G in football. He was my backup pick after Brandon S. Laken is a big nasty guy that will fit right in with this group and still has plenty of years to play. 

Now for the draft I just don't see the Jets going OL in the first round. I think it will be 2 D guys. I think one of Hutch and KT being pick 4 and one of Gardner or Stingley at 10. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, jetfuel34 said:

Laken had a bad few years with the lions when they drafted him in the first round. He went to the 49ers and became one of the best G in football. He was my backup pick after Brandon S. Laken is a big nasty guy that will fit right in with this group and still has plenty of years to play. 

Now for the draft I just don't see the Jets going OL in the first round. I think it will be 2 D guys. I think one of Hutch and KT being pick 4 and one of Gardner or Stingley at 10. 

The reason why Tomlinson was above Brandon S for me: Durability

Let's sign players who will actually play for us  💪 

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, ekill08x said:

Exaggeration. Laken graded out better than him last year. 

Ya I'm one of those guys that hates the grading system. You should never really go by that. It does not take into account real situations like a QB like Brady who throws that ball away a lot faster than say a Wilson for the Jets. Just by that the Tampa line would grade better than the Jets line. Then you add in if that Jet OL guy holds his man for 7 seconds but ends up letting him get the sack it kills his grade. I'm the guy that watches and goes by what I see. I'm not saying I'm a pro at this but I like my info better than some nerd just crunching numbers.