Free agency talk

Beck Bristow

32 minutes ago, THE DUKE said:

I won't be shocked if we take a 3 tech at 31.  Then when it's time to pay him (if he's good) Hill will be up.

I'll guess we take a CB at 31. We need to add several. Not sure why Trae Waynes hasn't been released yet. Might as well let him get started on finding his next team. Let's get Trey Flowers done today if possible, maybe Uzomah too. 

I'm feeling much better about the O-line now. Karras should be a guard rather than center so we should still be looking. 

Edited by sparky151

8 minutes ago, sparky151 said:

I'll guess we take a CB at 31. We need to add several. Not sure why Trae Waynes hasn't been released yet. Might as well let him get started on finding his next team. Let's get Trey Flowers done today if possible, maybe Uzomah too. 

I'm feeling much better about the O-line now. Karras should be a guard rather than center so we should still be looking. 

I'd rather take CB at 31 too, but I think too many will go top 30 for the value to be there.  Could be a trade down and take CB or wait until 63 for a CB4 type if we can sign a mid tier CB FA this year and hopefully bring Flowers back too.

Uzomah is going to the Jets so Bengals 2nd loss of the day. This year has a good group of TEs in the draft though so shouldn't be a big problem. 

IMO Karras is better at LG than C, so we should still be looking for a Hopkins replacement. And a RT as well. 

1 minute ago, Johnny Nix said:

While it sucks to lose Uzomah, it would have been a mistake to sign him to that big of a contract. He’s definitely replaceable ON the field, the loss will be felt OFF

Couldn't agree more. He is a leader on that offense that is tough to lose. But time for Joey and these new O lineman to take that role over. TE is a big need now though 

11 minutes ago, ochocinco4pres said:

Couldn't agree more. He is a leader on that offense that is tough to lose. But time for Joey and these new O lineman to take that role over. TE is a big need now though 

I’d take a flier on OJ Howard for cheap and draft a young guy. 

9 minutes ago, ochocinco4pres said:

I tend to agree. I don't think there is a great TE in this class either. The Ohio State kid might be a good pick though 

I think it’s a high upside class in terms of pass catchers, not sure how good of blockers they are 

46 minutes ago, DefenseWinsChampionships said:

Cincinnati faithful. 

Tell me more about what type of Bengals TE Zach Wilson is receiving here in NY. 

I'm always so focused watching Joe Burrow to Ja'Maar Chase/Tee Higgins/Boyd with Joe Mixon out of the backfield...

To the point of not knowing who this guy is. 

Honestly,  he's just a guy on the field. Has pretty good speed and is a good enough blocker not to be a liability,  but is not really much of a route runner. More of a find a soft spot in the zone as a release valve. He's an absolutely amazing dude though. Super fun, oozes leadership and comraderie. I'm shocked he left really. I bet the difference was pretty significant or we didn't even try to sign him.

At the end of the day, on the field, Uzomah had less than 500 receiving yards and 5 TD in one of the NFL's better passing offenses.  Solid stats, far from irreplaceable.  Losing him in the locker room stinks, but I don't see that as some crippling aspect.

Prime target positions: CB, RT

CB: Donte Jackson, Kevin King, Ahkello Witherspoon, Maurice Canady, Eli Apple (as a CB4 if under $5 mil), Artie Burns, Tre Flowers

RT: La'el Collins, Daryl Williams, Morgan Moses, Riley Reiff, Trent Brown, Germain Ifedi

Bengals twitter thinks with cuts to Hopkins and Waynes, we still have about $25-$30 million in cap room to play with in free agency.  Also we are over a top 51 now, so every new signing you can subtract about 700-900k away from the cap hit as they will replace someone else on what counts towards the cap.