Free agency talk

Beck Bristow

21 hours ago, sparky151 said:

The Athletic had a piece saying Karras was going to play center for the Bengals. He played there for the Dolphins, then played LG for the Patriots. 

So we need another guard and a right tackle plus a backup QB, and a couple of CBs for free agency. Draft will have a DT, TE, and another CB. 

Any thoughts on why they are waiting to cut Waynes? They aren't going to keep him even if they strike out on signing another CB starter. 

Karras is probably the center but there's flexibility there. We'll see.

54 minutes ago, SmittyBacall said:

I would imagine the conversations with Karras before signing centered around him playing center. I wonder if they would deviate from that plan for a Tretter-type.

That is what makes him so valuable. I like him at C, but if we can get a Tretter or Lindenbaum is there at 31, he is so versatile he can play LG

4 minutes ago, Beck Bristow said:

Makes sense. OJ Howard to Buffalo and Tyler Conklin to the Jets. Looking like the options are running low.

Malik Wright mentioned Ricky Seals-Jones, which would be very meh. 

Gerald Everett is who I’m favouring the most, which means it won’t happen.

1 minute ago, SmittyBacall said:

Malik Wright mentioned Ricky Seals-Jones, which would be very meh. 

Gerald Everett is who I’m favouring the most, which means it won’t happen.

He's honestly the only one that I have interest beyond just seeing what the draft has. Maybe Austin Hooper 

9 hours ago, Johnny Nix said:

I’d rather invest the money elsewhere than sign crappy guys who really aren’t that much better than Sample. Draft one of the top TEs in the 2nd 

The point of FA is to not have to force yourself to draft for need. We shouldn’t be going into the draft with that mindset.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Johnny Nix said:

I’d rather invest the money elsewhere than sign crappy guys who really aren’t that much better than Sample. Draft one of the top TEs in the 2nd 

I think Everett, Tonyan or Hooper are better than Sample by a long shot. Maybe get 1 of them on a short deal. Cannot have sample as TE 1