Bears sign DT Larry Ogunjobi 3 years 40.5 million /25.6 guaranteed……or DO they???

WindyCity

2 minutes ago, beardown3231 said:

From what I'm gathering Ogunjobi struggled with Cleveland because he was asked to play nose but once given the opportunity to play 3T in Cincinnati he exploded

Either that or it was a contract year and he completely sucks

We'll see

Well, however his legacy ends up being written...he is 100% the type of guy we needed to transition to a 4-3. 

So it's all good. 

Edited by Heinz D.

I am just surprised we made a big move on defense. I know it is important to the D, but you pretty much announced that the defense doesn't matter in 2022 by trading Mack and trying to trade Quinn.

This just feels a little like Robert Quinn signing. Our offense sucks, but our biggest move is on defense.

14 hours ago, beardown3231 said:

From what I'm gathering Ogunjobi struggled with Cleveland because he was asked to play nose but once given the opportunity to play 3T in Cincinnati he exploded

Either that or it was a contract year and he completely sucks

We'll see

He sucked in a contract year in Cleveland, so I would lean towards the former

4 hours ago, WindyCity said:

I am just surprised we made a big move on defense. I know it is important to the D, but you pretty much announced that the defense doesn't matter in 2022 by trading Mack and trying to trade Quinn.

This just feels a little like Robert Quinn signing. Our offense sucks, but our biggest move is on defense.

I find the lack of interest in Chark very puzzling given what he went for.    But he didn't get it elsewhere either so the NFL seems to know something I don't. 

Or thinks it does.

So Tampa Bay keeps Brady, Godwin, Jensen and Davis.

All top FAs - mostly because Brady came back.  

Green Bay kept both Aaron and Adams.    Adams would have likely been traded had Aaron been traded.  

Dallas always keeps who they want.     

I say again, the cap almost always can be manipulated if you want to splurge.   It seems proven each year of late that it is mostly a league accounting tool and not a real barrier to spending.

Spending is largely a team by team choice (within reason there are limits).   Most teams bank money when they aren't close and splurge when they feel they are. 

Other owners sometimes just get sick of losing and want to be better now like NE last year and Jacksonville this year.

1 minute ago, dll2000 said:

So Tampa Bay keeps Brady, Godwin, Jensen and Davis.

All top FAs - mostly because Brady came back.  

Green Bay kept both Aaron and Adams.    Adams would have likely been traded had Aaron been traded.  

Dallas always keeps who they want.     

I say again, the cap almost always can be manipulated if you want to splurge.   It seems proven each year of late that it is mostly a league accounting tool and not a real barrier to spending.

Spending is largely a team by team choice (within reason there are limits).   Most teams bank money when they aren't close and splurge when they feel they are. 

Other owners sometimes just get sick of losing and want to be better now like NE last year and Jacksonville this year.

Add Gage to Tampa Bay.

On 3/15/2022 at 8:48 AM, WindyCity said:

They've been trying to trade Quiinn? To who? 

17 hours ago, Heinz D. said:

They've been trying to trade Quiinn? To who? 

Biggs reported that they were shopping him at the combine as well as Mack. I doubt we get an offer worth trading him. He is a super volatile player in terms of health and production.

7 hours ago, WindyCity said:

Biggs reported that they were shopping him at the combine as well as Mack. I doubt we get an offer worth trading him. He is a super volatile player in terms of health and production.

I'd be surprised if they trade him. If they do, he'd likely fetch more than Mack, though.