Bears sign DT Larry Ogunjobi 3 years 40.5 million /25.6 guaranteed……or DO they???

WindyCity

1 hour ago, topwop1 said:

I agree with you on surrounding Fields with as much talent as possible in year 2 but first it's way too early in the offseason to judge and second  the roster was inevitably going to get worse before it gets better due to the new regime having to cut a lot of the dead weight/cap from the Pace/Nagy era 

We are at the point where it needs to get better.

Relying on multiple starters from the draft is a recipe for disaster

• Like 2

Can't believe I am reading that people think this is a failure on Poles part...NFL's can't put players through physicals before getting them in the building so he can't have known there was an issue...we find an issue (well done medical team) and Poles then protects the franchise by backing out the deal and pivoting to another young upside DT...

Why is he getting **** for this?

• Like 4

17 minutes ago, Madmike90 said:

Can't believe I am reading that people think this is a failure on Poles part...NFL's can't put players through physicals before getting them in the building so he can't have known there was an issue...we find an issue (well done medical team) and Poles then protects the franchise by backing out the deal and pivoting to another young upside DT...

Why is he getting **** for this?

Because ppl love to complain.

They complained when it was announced we were signing him earlier in the week and then complained when he failed his physical and wasn't signed... lolz

Can't win

• Like 1

1 hour ago, WindyCity said:

We are at the point where it needs to get better.

Relying on multiple starters from the draft is a recipe for disaster

How many multiple starters do they need?

Patrick is the penciled in starter at  center. Whitehair will play his usual guard spot. Have to think at least one of Jenkins /Borom will lock down one of the tackle spots if not both.

So that leaves for sure a guard spot needed to fill and potentially a starter at tackle or backup tackle depending on their view on Jenkins and Borom.

Guard is easier to fill in the draft than tackle. There's also still a few decent FAs out there on the interior.

As for the WRs it's clear we aren't signing a sure fire #1 at this point so what's the rush?

Seems this management will continue to fill out the spots with complimentary 2/3 type guys and supplement with draft

No need to panic at this point 

• Like 5

30 minutes ago, brownie man said:

This worked out for you guys. I know yall wanted a 3 tech, but he wasnt worth what yall was about to pay him. 

Go buy an O line 

Protect Justin 

That is what most of us want. So it's not going to happen. Everything anyone predicts to happen is not even close but worse this year..... its a full on tank year so far.

Edited by DABEARSLCF04

Now that the dust has settled on this one do we think we could try and renegotiate? Jones contract isn't so high that would stop us giving him the same kind of deal he signed with the Bengals last season at 1 year $7 million...you give the guy the chance to prove he is healthy while not taking a big risk...that being if it is the foot injury which failed him and not something more serious...we could go in a ton of other directions but if we don't sign someone like Armstead then we have the space to spend on this kind of deal.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Madmike90 said:

Now that the dust has settled on this one do we think we could try and renegotiate? Jones contract isn't so high that would stop us giving him the same kind of deal he signed with the Bengals last season at 1 year $7 million...you give the guy the chance to prove he is healthy while not taking a big risk...that being if it is the foot injury which failed him and not something more serious...we could go in a ton of other directions but if we don't sign someone like Armstead then we have the space to spend on this kind of deal.

Definitely, and I would throw it out there for him. There's always room to renegotiate. It's all risk vs reward. Honestly I'd look at Tru's deal. He has a 2 year base worth $14 mil but incentives can get it up to $27 mil. 

Do that same thing. 2 year deal for $14mil, first year only guaranteed, and add incentives. If he can't get healthy or produce you made a small impact signing with no dead cap. If he balls out you have the ability to extend and have 2 years. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, brownie man said:

This worked out for you guys. I know yall wanted a 3 tech, but he wasnt worth what yall was about to pay him. 

Go buy an O line 

Protect Justin 

We've upgraded center so far (though the bar was really ******* low to begin with there. Lol) 

I'd be fine with getting a top player like Collins and still using 2 of our top 3 draft picks on OL. We all want the OL dramatically improved. 

That being said Nagy sabotaged the offense. You saw him leave 39 year old Jason Peters and a 5th round rookie Borom on islands against Garrett and Clowney. Hell he tried to use Kmet to single block Garrett once. Lol. Competent coaching will help protect Fields too. (I hope)

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Madmike90 said:

Yeah, if it's something where he can pass a physical in the near future, bring him back! And he'd be cheaper then, too.