Jags sign Christian Kirk to a large contract

TheRealMcCoy

2 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

I'm honestly not sure $18M is that meaningfully less of an overpay that $21M, personally. Like, either way, he has to be THE GUY for Lawrence for the next few years to justify this.

2 minutes ago, Louis Friend said:

Someone go take the Jags wallet from them... 😂😂

I'm glad to see us doing it.  Last year we had more cap space than any other team in the league and Baalke sat on his hands and didn't reach for his wallet.  This activity indicates that maybe Dougie P. is the one calling the shots in 2022.  That's a good thing!

1 minute ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Well Schefty screwing up the initial figure and now stepping back a bit must make Jags fans feel a tad bit better? Maybe Khan orchestrated that lol.

I don't think he screwed it up. He edited it to add "up to" pretty quickly. If his original source was the agent, the agent probably just pushed out the highest number, originally.

Just now, Uncle Buck said:

I'm not too familiar with Kirk.  Would you consider him to be kind of a lateral move to replace Chark?

He's a Nelson Agholor type player. Will completely take over games and be unstoppable, then go through a stretch where he's putting up like 20 yards a game and a few drops, and then have a freak game again. His typical game is like 50 yards and 4 catches, so you could do worse, but he struggles tracking the ball deep even though being a deep threat is his forté. Slot guy with the athleticism, lots of flashes but then frustrating play mixed in. 

• Like 1

Just now, Uncle Buck said:

I'm glad to see us doing it.  Last year we had more cap space than any other team in the league and Baalke sat on his hands and didn't reach for his wallet.  This activity indicates that maybe Dougie P. is the one calling the shots in 2022.  That's a good thing!

It's probably not lol. This is the dude who really pushed for the Eagles to draft Reagor for example.