Bulaga tore his ACL

marky mark

BB had a decent run of staying healthy for a couple years prior to this season... thought he finally turned the injury corner, but its gonna be hard to rely on him from here on out over the rest of his deal. thats a tough injury for a big guy to rehab from

spriggs needs to kill it with this opportunity (assuming he'll be available soon now that hes off IR). or that'll be 2 poop consecutive 1st round OT picks for my boy TT

Poor Bulaga. Dude is a battler but his legs have just been destroyed by injuries over the years. Could be a PUP candidate next season depending on how his rehab goes....or assuming he's still on the team. He's only gonna be 29 but the injuries keep mounting on his legs that it makes you wonder how much more effective he'll be going forward

Genuinely sorry to see Bulaga suffer another significant injury. He has always been a warrior when healthy and played a lot of good football for the Pack.

I question whether he has much left after this one. We shall see.

Anyway, got to be Spriggs time right?

You don't trade a second, fourth, and seventh round pick for a Spriggs only to have him sit on the bench in his second year when there is a dire need for someone to play at his position, do you?

1 minute ago, TheOnlyThing said:

You don't trade a second, fourth, and seventh round pick for a Spriggs only to have him sit on the bench in his second year when there is a dire need for someone to play at his position, do you?

Absolutely, it's sink or swim time for Spriggs. Let's hope this year's struggles were due to the nagging injury he had, we need him to be good.

3 minutes ago, TheOnlyThing said:

Genuinely sorry to see Bulaga suffer another significant injury. He has always been a warrior when healthy and played a lot of good football for the Pack.

I question whether he has much left after this one. We shall see.

Wait. Isn't this backwards? Let the best rt play. I hear don't play so and so just because he was this pick. Williams comes to mind this year. Now we flip and he has to play because of draft slot. Then again, now is the season to try whatever we want.

Just now, TheOnlyThing said:

Let's bank on the theory that Spriggs was dealing with an undisclosed injury throughout the preseason and hope he shows a lot of promise the rest of this year.  It looks like he might be the future, starting now.  Don't see Bulaga coming back from this too terribly soon. 

Sucks for Bulaga he's a true pro. He's played injured often and guts it out and doesn't cause issues. I believe he's also very highly respected in GB and in the locker room. With that said Spriggs return couldn't have happened at a better time. Nice that Mccray has gotten allot of time he looks like at the very least a decent piece we can bring off the bench.

10 minutes ago, jfinley88 said:

Save a little over 5m releasing him this offseason

I think we probably make that move.  Rodgers is going to get a great big new contract soon .. moves like this could help get it done, and there's still a chance you could resign Bulaga back at at a nicer price.

3 minutes ago, Packer_ESP said:

Do we have more than one?

There's a bunch of bodies. I was more speaking in general. Typically we say don't play a guy just because of what pick he was. I agree. Now it's he has to play because of what pick. If he's the best option play him. It's that simple. But with the season basically over you might try more guys you wouldn't just in general too

32 minutes ago, NormSizedMidget said:

Wait. Isn't this backwards? Let the best rt play. I hear don't play so and so just because he was this pick. Williams comes to mind this year. Now we flip and he has to play because of draft slot. Then again, now is the season to try whatever we want.

So you think there is another potential viable long-term T on the roster? Ulrick John? Adam Pankey? Someone else?

But hey, If someone els is ahead of Spriggs, by all means give them a shot. Why not.

And if Spriggs is really and truly behind the likes of an Ulrick John & Adam Pankey, wow.

Archived