Bulaga tore his ACL

marky mark

46 minutes ago, HorizontoZenith said:

Let's bank on the theory that Spriggs was dealing with an undisclosed injury throughout the preseason and hope he shows a lot of promise the rest of this year.  It looks like he might be the future, starting now.  Don't see Bulaga coming back from this too terribly soon. 

I wonder if Spriggs was hurting this past preseason because he looked pretty good as a rookie.

I really feel bad for Bulaga.  He's a really good tackle but injuries have really been a problem for him.  :(

5 minutes ago, Pugger said:

I wonder if Spriggs was hurting this past preseason because he looked pretty good as a rookie.

I really feel bad for Bulaga.  He's a really good tackle but injuries have really been a problem for him.  :(

Tough break for Bryan - good player who just can't stay on the field. This sucks just like this year is turning into one big suck.

Would it make sense to move BB to right guard and renegotiate/extend his contract as a guard? Would hate to have to rebuild the whole right side of the O-line, especially with the need for pass rushers. Let Spriggs, Murphy, and the other young linemen compete for the right tackle spot next year. As for now? Does it matter? I'm fast losing my optimism. It makes some sense though to let Spriggs have a shot at it now. Need to know if he's the long term answer. 

57 minutes ago, TheOnlyThing said:

So you think there is another potential viable long-term T on the roster? Ulrick John? Adam Pankey? Someone else?

But hey, If someone els is ahead of Spriggs, by all means give them a shot. Why not.

And if Spriggs is really and truly behind the likes of an Ulrick John & Adam Pankey, wow.

Did you even read my post? I was speaking in generalities you guys always use. Now it's opposite.

25 minutes ago, NormSizedMidget said:

Did you even read my post? I was speaking in generalities you guys always use. Now it's opposite.

I did read your post.

You objected to the notion of playing Spriggs just because TT traded up to draft him in the 2nd round last season if there were other Tackles on the roster who deserved to play ahead of him.

Upon reading your post, I agreed with you.

If the coaching staff believes Ulrick John and or Adam Pankey are currently better players and or show more future promise than last year's 2nd round pick, then by all means they should play ahead of Spriggs.

Is that not what you were advocating?

17 minutes ago, TheOnlyThing said:

I did read your post.

You objected to the notion of playing Spriggs just because TT traded up to draft him in the 2nd round last season if there were other Tackles on the roster who deserved to play ahead of him.

Upon reading your post, I agreed with you.

If the coaching staff believes Ulrick John and or Adam Pankey are currently better players and or show more future promise than last year's 2nd round pick, then by all means they should play ahead of Spriggs.

Is that not what you were advocating?

No. I don't know how you got that at all.

Archived