Hats off to this Jets fan base.

Would've loved to see NY FA Star Power and was reminded by many how Joe Douglas doesn't operate as such. 

From Cooper, Schultz, J.C. Jackson even Allen Robinson 11 years later I wanted them all. Not Joe Douglas. You're right. He's got different plans. Berrios coming back @ KR/PR/WR, an upgrade @ RG and upgraded with a 2021 LG Pro Bowler (for a severe need @ RG), a TE who I'm not familiar with but can already see he's got tremendous leadership qualities (and looking at his stats you can tell he stepped up two games for Cincinnati in the playoffs (1st two rounds). 

Then I look @ a team like Jacksonville and yes they added a lot more talent but they went kind of nuts in Free Agency. Joe Douglas remained disciplined while focusing on positional needs before heading into this draft. 

Hats off to our Jets fan base who've preached all about the draft. I'm thinking JD with the help of coach Saleh knocks it out the park. 

• Like 1

I can understand the vitriol at not making big splashes in the off season.  It garners headlines, gets people excited and talking, gets the talking heads giving us great grades for a great off season.  In short, its nice to win the off season SB.  The issue is that it has never worked when the games are played and maybe its why people love those big name FA's; its all we have to feel good about this team.  However, after watching this team for almost half a century, I want real wins and playoff appearances.  I want to enjoy watching the Jets after Halloween.  And as much as I enjoy talking about the upcoming FA period and draft, I'd rather be talking about how we are going to beat team X on Sunday - and mean it.  I think Joe is doing it right because it is not the same old wash, rinse and repeat failures of previous regimes.  Time will tell.

4 minutes ago, JetsandI said:

JD doesn't cave in easily.  That's all.

Well then he needs to check his ego and pride at the door because we came into Free Agency #2 in available Salary Cap Space with an NFL roster that's bottom 5 (talent wise) and he's failed to land not even 1 impact Defensive Player. 

JD doesn't cave at least from time to time? 

Well then JD doesn't win either. 

2 minutes ago, KimuraGod said:

JD also has 6 wins in the two full seasons he’s had control of the team. There can be a happy medium and not all or nothing. 

And took over a 7 win team. 

I understand stripping a team down in order to build it back up.

Etc. 

But #2 in Available Salary Cap Space heading into FA? 

And has failed to sign not even 1 impactful Defensive FA thus far at glaring positions of need. 

That's atrocious imo. 

I'll never understand nor comprehend all of these "JD can do no wrong" fans.

Edited by DefenseWinsChampionships

Just now, DefenseWinsChampionships said:

Well then he needs to check his ego and pride at the door because we came into Free Agency #2 in available Salary Cap Space with an NFL roster that's bottom 5 (talent wise) and he's failed to land not even 1 impact Defensive Player. 

JD doesn't cave at least from time to time? 

Well then JD doesn't win either. 

For now.   Building the team via Drafts, which takes 4 or 5 years to make it work, is his primary goal.   Even though, it is a long plan Jets still have to win good games to keep the goal alive.