Chase Winovich traded for LB Mack Wilson

DaPatsKid98

Well here the reason for the trade!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WaV0tmSXLaw

The 1st minute shows him on ST blowing up a KO and seconds later he's in the RZ offense as a FB, goes out a make a tremendous catch for TD. As to LB who know!!!!!

ADDED I look at the comment section. Hard hitter and can cover in the passing game.

Edited by m haynes

12 minutes ago, m haynes said:

Well here the reason for the trade!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WaV0tmSXLaw

The 1st minute shows him on ST blowing up a KO and seconds later he's in the RZ offense as a FB, goes out a make a tremendous catch for TD. As to LB who know!!!!!

ADDED I look at the comment section. Hard hitter and can cover in the passing game.

In college he was great.

We're now at the stage where Browns fans are saying he's worthless, and Pats fans are saying Winovich is worthless haha. Truth will be in the middle somewhere.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, DoleINGout said:

What I gather:

Pros: Only 23, came out of Alabama too young/undeveloped, plays special teams well, good in coverage, athletic

Cons: Missed tackles, questionable effort at times, preoccupied with social media

I know just the man to iron that out of a kid...

Bill Belichick Wink GIF by New England Patriots

Winovich deserved a better fit with coaches who would use him to his strengths more often. He can't play the run well and his pass rush is overrated but still effective enough to be useful as a substitute more often than he was with the Pats. Coverage-wise he is not very useful. Seems like a fair trade where both guys will get the attention they need with their new teams.

2 minutes ago, DoleINGout said:

Winovich deserved a better fit with coaches who would use him to his strengths more often. He can't play the run well and his pass rush is overrated but still effective enough to be useful as a substitute more often than he was with the Pats. Coverage-wise he is not very useful. Seems like a fair trade where both guys will get the attention they need with their new teams.

I think that's about the sum of it. Good summation for him as a player.

I'm done worrying about these kinds of trades.. they are too small to worry about and I can't possibly say it's bad given BB's track record. 

I never thought anything when he got KVN and he turned into a great player here. 

This guy is young, faster than their previous LB's, better in coverage, great special teams.. maybe he carves out 200-300 snaps on defense and does well.. or maybe he is a special teams guy and that's it. 

They still need LB help but either way, he will play more defense than Wino