Chase Winovich traded for LB Mack Wilson

DaPatsKid98

25 minutes ago, Crimmage said:

I'm done worrying about these kinds of trades.. they are too small to worry about and I can't possibly say it's bad given BB's track record. 

I never thought anything when he got KVN and he turned into a great player here. 

This guy is young, faster than their previous LB's, better in coverage, great special teams.. maybe he carves out 200-300 snaps on defense and does well.. or maybe he is a special teams guy and that's it. 

They still need LB help but either way, he will play more defense than Wino

For every KVN, there's a Bostic and Mingo.

Only positives I see is the ties to Alabama and the fact Wilson at least represents a younger, faster, more athletic mold at the position.

There's a reason he went from projected 1st Round to 5th Round in real life though.

1 hour ago, Nex_Gen said:

For every KVN, there's a Bostic and Mingo.

Only positives I see is the ties to Alabama and the fact Wilson at least represents a younger, faster, more athletic mold at the position.

There's a reason he went from projected 1st Round to 5th Round in real life though.

From what i have read he was pretty good as a rookie .. but has lost snaps each year after.. with the note that while he didn't play a lot this past season, he played well when he did. That at least shows that he can do well in a niche role, if the Patriots defense needs that niche role more than the Browns.. that's a much better option than Winovich who they weren't playing at all. Mike Reis also noted that he played very well against the Patriots. 

A big note for me is how much of a difference in size the LB's are that they have on the team. Either they plan to draft some 250LB guys (I can't remember any) .. does that mean a shift in DL? Getting some huge DL to create space for lil LB's? 

2 hours ago, Crimmage said:

faster than their previous LB's, better in coverage, great special teams..

Ding Ding Ding we got a winner hear.

Nothing frustrates me more when you have a ST player that can't contribute on offense and defense. Years ago great today game a waste of a roster spot.

-----------------------------------------

Here Mac Wilson  getting 2 interception. Now if he plays LB it great pickup. We have to many (crappy) Edge guys!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=47FyAtt2eg4

Edited by m haynes