Jaguars to release Myles Jack

pwny

10 minutes ago, Uncle Buck said:

You hate to lose a good player like Myles, but he doesn't fit in a 3-4 scheme.  I've been hoping that we could find a way to trade him to the Vikings for Adam Thielen but it wasn't to be. 

I think he fits if u have enough talent on the 3 linemen like the BUCS have.  

"He did not record a sack, pass defense, or forced fumble. Jack also added just three TFLs. Seven of his teammates logged more TFLs despite Jack playing nearly every snap on defense."  That's from Rotoworld but that's some pretty terrible stats

Myles Jack wasn't down.

He also wasn't ever actually any good tbh.  His entire tenure as a Jaguar, he posted some alright statistical years, but he is and always has been a "cleaner upper" sort of LBer.  Can't take on blocks.  Doesn't have the instincts to shoot downhill aggressively to stop plays for losses.  Has the opposite of a thumper mentality.  Just spent his whole career mostly dragging people down by the ankles after they've crossed the first down sticks or crowding onto a pile.

Even when he was part of that superb AFC Championship defense...he was pretty clearly the 3rd wheel.  Telvin was the playmaker, Poz was the thumper.  Jack was the...extra guy.

He's not a bad linebacker.  He's just not nearly as good as the hype often made him out to be.  I'm totally fine with cutting him.  At his salary, he needed to be a playmaker...and he just doesn't have it in him.  Pittsburgh will get a decent LBer backfill if they can keep him relatively clean with the big bodies up front.  If they don't expect a lot of impactful and decisive plays from him.  He can move well enough to mop up what's there if he's not blocked.  That's about the best i can say about him.  I've never been a fan.