Johnny Hekker released

MDY10

37 minutes ago, MDY10 said:

Hekker has been cut. That’s a sad one as well but I think the writing was on the wall. I wish we’d have kept Bajorquez (definitely butchered the name) from last off season and traded Johnny to GB

Seeing this said a lot. Getting Hekker a SB ring is way more special than missing out on Bojorquez. I'm sure we will still be able to find a serviceable punter.

• Like 4

I read about the cap savings earlier in the week, but it must be done with someone in mind. Reddick signed yesterday for $15Mil, Randy Gregory just signed for 13M per. I think this is going to correspond to Von Miller's deal getting done. My guess is 2 year, $12.5Mil per.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, RamRod said:

Seeing this said a lot. Getting Hekker a SB ring is way more special than missing out on Bojorquez. I'm sure we will still be able to find a serviceable punter.

I agree. We got a draft pick out of it too. Out of respect for Johnny I think they gave him another shot and I’m really glad he got a ring out of it. I feel like they’re going to go after Araiza from San Diego state and try to get another stud in there. 

7 minutes ago, BStanRamFan said:

I read about the cap savings earlier in the week, but it must be done with someone in mind. Reddick signed yesterday for $15Mil, Randy Gregory just signed for 13M per. I think this is going to correspond to Von Miller's deal getting done. My guess is 2 year, $12.5Mil per.

I can see it.. definitely wouldn’t mind that. The Stafford extension and other restructures i assume will be done today because they have to be under the cap by tomorrow right?

8 minutes ago, MDY10 said:

I agree. We got a draft pick out of it too. Out of respect for Johnny I think they gave him another shot and I’m really glad he got a ring out of it. I feel like they’re going to go after Araiza from San Diego state and try to get another stud in there. 

I can see it.. definitely wouldn’t mind that. The Stafford extension and other restructures i assume will be done today because they have to be under the cap by tomorrow right?

We didn't necessarily gain a draft pick. Just swapped picks.

• Like 1