Week 10 GDT: Packers @ Bears, AKA NFC North Bottom Bowl 2017

MacReady

2 hours ago, NormSizedMidget said:

I was worried he was about to. But after that it's safe to say he's more than fine with the locker room. This is quite the interesting season lol

Has there really ever been a point where he’s come close? Our locker rooms under Mac have always been very controlled. Sure, there have been a few things here and there but nothing ever close to a full loss of the locker room. Helps to have vets like Woodson and now Rodgers in that locker room. Mac has his issues but he’s clearly a good leader of men and that gives him a pretty big leash. 

Just now, Ketchup said:

Has there really ever been a point where he’s come close? Our locker rooms under Mac have always been very controlled. Sure, there have been a few things here and there but nothing ever close to a full loss of the locker room. Helps to have vets like Woodson and now Rodgers in that locker room. Mac has his issues but he’s clearly a good leader of men and that gives him a pretty big leash. 

No not especially. Things really hadn't been quite this bad it never felt like though. IDK, maybe it was a silly fear.

3 hours ago, Ketchup said:

I was wondering with the loss of AR, a 3 game losing streak and the Bennett mess might be a strain on the team.  It seems I was worrying needlessly.  :)

Today felt pretty good. Both sides of the ball looked better, although I wasn't expecting much from the Bears offense. Our offense exceeded my expectations. Hundley still has glaring weaknesses but he also had easily his best game yet with two big NFL completions to Adams and just more control in general. His pocket awareness and vision still need a ton of work, and MM or BH still clearly don't trust BH going downfield as much, but slowly we're seeing the game open up.

I think there is a real ceiling on this team, but it's nice to see it hasn't been reached yet. If they can continue to give these kinds of showings games will remain watchable and maybe even give us an outside chance to play WC or even divisional spoiler depending on how the fates affect the rest of the division.

It would have been real easy for this team to give up after the last few weeks but they didn't, and as cliche as it is that really does say something about their quality and character.

Disorganized thoughts:

Pack absolutely got the better ends of a couple calls today that helped. I still think we looked like the better team but it could have been a lot different with some different results on a couple PIs or no challenge on the touchback.

Losing Jones sucks.

I'm curious who was at fault on the passing TD fade with House/Jones in coverage. Looked to me like either Martinez or maybe Ryan failed to run with the TE on the corner route which forced Jones to account for field than he could, and meant House's trail technique had no chance.

7 hours ago, Acrid Josher said:

Disorganized thoughts:

Pack absolutely got the better ends of a couple calls today that helped. I still think we looked like the better team but it could have been a lot different with some different results on a couple PIs or no challenge on the touchback.

Losing Jones sucks.

I'm curious who was at fault on the passing TD fade with House/Jones in coverage. Looked to me like either Martinez or maybe Ryan failed to run with the TE on the corner route which forced Jones to account for field than he could, and meant House's trail technique had no chance.

Safety missed it. 

14 hours ago, gizmo2012 said:

Safety missed it. 

Jones  has to account for the TE on the post. He didn't not-see House's man coming open- his eyes were on the Bears TE that either Martinez or Ryan didn't cover and just let wander into the open field. I don't see how it can be Jones' fault when he's asked to cover two men there. Either Jones has the TE and House messed up his 1v1 technique, or one of the LBs has the TE 1v1 and missed their assignment so Jones froze having to cover 2 guys that got behind the defense.

Archived