Week 10 GDT: Packers @ Bears, AKA NFC North Bottom Bowl 2017

MacReady

On 11/8/2017 at 11:44 AM, Pugger said:

We are not in the situation the Browns are in because we know this situation is temporary.  

It's pretty disheartening knowing that one player is pretty much the main reason why we're contenders. It's be real interesting seeing if we had a league average QB and see how this team would do. 

5 hours ago, pollino14 said:

It's pretty disheartening knowing that one player is pretty much the main reason why we're contenders. It's be real interesting seeing if we had a league average QB and see how this team would do. 

I think if we had a better QB than Hundley is presently this season wouldn't be as dire as it appears to be right now.

57 minutes ago, Pugger said:

I think if we had a better QB than Hundley is presently this season wouldn't be as dire as it appears to be right now.

Let’s say we have a guy like Phillip Rivers, just for discussion sake, what would you have our record being the rest of the way? 

6 hours ago, pollino14 said:

I've known it all along and always got trashed every time for bringing it up. Year after year I watch this team and outside of Rodgers it just wasn't very special. Defense always get torched by good offenses and the WRs can't get open. It just always seems like there is never any easy yardage for this offense. I watch other teams and their offenses seem to be able to get guys open and the QB can make some easy completions. I watch our offense and I see Rodgers constantly shifting around the pocket or escaping the pocket in order to find a guy with separation. Even then, many of his throws on the run are tightly contested.

30 minutes ago, strat1080 said:

I've known it all along and always got trashed every time for bringing it up. Year after year I watch this team and outside of Rodgers it just wasn't very special. Defense always get torched by good offenses and the WRs can't get open. It just always seems like there is never any easy yardage for this offense. I watch other teams and their offenses seem to be able to get guys open and the QB can make some easy completions. I watch our offense and I see Rodgers constantly shifting around the pocket or escaping the pocket in order to find a guy with separation. Even then, many of his throws on the run are tightly contested.

I really believe the offense is very talented. When healthy the line and WRs are strong groups. I think the scheme has been holding them back .

The defense for years have been tolerated/masked by our offense and Aaron’s greatness.

Teams to root for if you're convinced the season is done for (and we're a Bears loss away from me reaching that point):

Giants over Niners (Unless Garropolo is going to start at some point this year)
Broncos over Patriots (Mostly because screw the Patriots, but Broncos only have 3 wins)
Colts over Steelers (Even though I want the Steelers to get that home field advantage)
Chargers over Jaguars
Bengals over Titans (Lol at the Titans and Jaguars having better records than us)
Bills over Saints (Saints beat us head to head and have a better chance of not falling apart)
Buccaneers over Jets (Buccaneers need to get some confidence going, Jets should be able to win 2-3 more games this year)
Lions over Browns (Browns aren't winning 4-5 games to get ahead of us)
Redskins over Vikings
Texans over Rams
Falcons over Cowboys
Dolphins over Panthers

46 minutes ago, HorizontoZenith said:

Teams to root for if you're convinced the season is done for (and we're a Bears loss away from me reaching that point):

Giants over Niners (Unless Garropolo is going to start at some point this year)
Broncos over Patriots (Mostly because screw the Patriots, but Broncos only have 3 wins)
Colts over Steelers (Even though I want the Steelers to get that home field advantage)
Chargers over Jaguars
Bengals over Titans (Lol at the Titans and Jaguars having better records than us)
Bills over Saints (Saints beat us head to head and have a better chance of not falling apart)
Buccaneers over Jets (Buccaneers need to get some confidence going, Jets should be able to win 2-3 more games this year)
Lions over Browns (Browns aren't winning 4-5 games to get ahead of us)
Redskins over Vikings
Texans over Rams
Falcons over Cowboys
Dolphins over Panthers

I'd want any team behind us as far as win/loss goes to win so our draft status improves.  ;)

“I’ve known it all along” “not that special”, good grief. How quickly we forget how scary this offense was the season before Jordy went down with the injury. Him and Cobb both well over 1,000 yards receiving. 

I’d hate to see the takes if we were sitting at 4-4 coming off a blown Super Bowl, MVP at QB and had Julio Jones+ good running back+ good, young defense. 

On 11/9/2017 at 12:18 PM, pollino14 said:

With a league average QB, TT and MM never would have made it past year 2, maybe 3.

On 11/9/2017 at 7:11 PM, pollino14 said:

Let’s say we have a guy like Phillip Rivers, just for discussion sake, what would you have our record being the rest of the way? 

Put it this way. Whatever the Chargers' record ends up this year, reduce the wins by 25% and you probably have your answer. That's probably being generous to GB.

On 11/9/2017 at 8:01 PM, pollino14 said:

I really believe the offense is very talented. When healthy the line and WRs are strong groups. I think the scheme has been holding them back .

The defense for years have been tolerated/masked by our offense and Aaron’s greatness.

I disagree in terms of our WRs. I think our WRs are all Greg Jennings type players. Pro bowl numbers with Rodgers, marginal production elsewhere with anything less than a pro bowl caliber QB. Jordy may have been slightly above that level 3 years ago, but not now. Cobb is a very average slot player IMO, he is very overrated. Adams is a lesser version of Jennings. In his prime, IMO, Jennings was the best overall WR Rodgers has ever played with, Jordy right there as well. Those guys arent in the same league as a Brown, Jones, Green type of WR.

Archived