Ravens Sign former Saints Safety Marcus Williams

baltimoreRebel

So. I know I'm late, but this makes me so happy. I do not care about any issues with tackling on the backend. Give me the range. Give me more defensive sets where the corners don't have to play 8 yards off because they don't have anybody that can cover over the top. Give me everything.

Also, I think the Ravens are now pretty set at safety. I'd rather not see any more assets put into the position. Williams and Clark starting with Jefferson and Stone mixing in and who knows where Stephens will be on any given snap. Washington might be around too. Lots of youth in that group with a pretty solid veteran presence. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, coordinator0 said:

So. I know I'm late, but this makes me so happy. I do not care about any issues with tackling on the backend. Give me the range. Give me more defensive sets where the corners don't have to play 8 yards off because they don't have anybody that can cover over the top. Give me everything.

Also, I think the Ravens are now pretty set at safety. I'd rather not see any more assets put into the position. Williams and Clark starting with Jefferson and Stone mixing in and who knows where Stephens will be on any given snap. Washington might be around too. Lots of youth in that group with a pretty solid veteran presence. 

Yeah I second everything said.

In addition, Marcus Peters was never a strong tackler either and yet joining the Ravens defense did inspire some additional efforts from him in that regard. Perhaps some of the same is in store with Williams.

Also agree about the talent and depth at the safety spot.