Jets sign S Jordan Whitehead

NewAge

58 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

The good news is we shouldn’t play him in man often at all. We have good CB play in the slot with MC2 and Guidry. Reed and Hall on the outside, so he shouldn’t be forced to do man vs man often. A top S when in zone, so play it that way.

Exactly. Would be idiotic to sign him and not use him in the way he excelled in for Tampa. 

2 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

The good news is we shouldn’t play him in man often at all. We have good CB play in the slot with MC2 and Guidry. Reed and Hall on the outside, so he shouldn’t be forced to do man vs man often. A top S when in zone, so play it that way.

That is the biggest problem. I'm not a fan of Reed but i do like Hall. Hall is probably more of a lower end CB2 but I don't see Reed as a CB1. The more I think about it Reed is almost like Hall. So we have two #2 CB that are on the lower end. I think we have to come out of the draft with one of the top 2 CB's in Stingley and Gardner. You can NEVER have enough good CB on your team. So many teams now run 3, 4 and 5 WR sets a lot. I do like MC2 in the slot and can be our Ray Mickens from years past. 

20 minutes ago, jetfuel34 said:

That is the biggest problem. I'm not a fan of Reed but i do like Hall. Hall is probably more of a lower end CB2 but I don't see Reed as a CB1. The more I think about it Reed is almost like Hall. So we have two #2 CB that are on the lower end. I think we have to come out of the draft with one of the top 2 CB's in Stingley and Gardner. You can NEVER have enough good CB on your team. So many teams now run 3, 4 and 5 WR sets a lot. I do like MC2 in the slot and can be our Ray Mickens from years past. 

Stingley or Gardner get drafted by us they’re backups to Reed and Hall FYI

17 hours ago, DefenseWinsChampionships said:

I remember (a lot of) Jets fans absolutely hated Jamal Adams (despite multiple Pro Bowls and All-Pros) due to his lack of coverage ability. 

Career wise? 

This guy Jordan Whitehead is even worse than Jamal Adams is in pass coverage. 

The only difference is unlike Jamal Adams, Jordan Whitehead doesn't rush the QB, hit the QB, sack the QB or tackle RBs behind the Line of Scrimmage like Jamal Adams once did for us. 

Yesterdays price is not todays price 

What we need desperately is a center fielder. Ashtyn Davis is not the guy.

2 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

Stingley or Gardner get drafted by us they’re backups to Reed and Hall FYI

I strongly disagree here. If we drafted both they would both be starting. Stingley and Gardner have the ability to be a shutdown CB. Hall and Reed will never be a shutdown CB. I know we play zone but zone leaves holes. You have one of these guys shut down one side of the field that is HUGE! Yes I do believe that these two CB will be studs. 

16 minutes ago, jetfuel34 said:

I strongly disagree here. If we drafted both they would both be starting. Stingley and Gardner have the ability to be a shutdown CB. Hall and Reed will never be a shutdown CB. I know we play zone but zone leaves holes. You have one of these guys shut down one side of the field that is HUGE! Yes I do believe that these two CB will be studs. 

They very well might be.But fact is is that they’re rookies, and can’t play the slot. And Hall and Reed are proven solid outside CBs. And a rookie isn’t starting over them. 

3 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

They very well might be.But fact is is that they’re rookies, and can’t play the slot. And Hall and Reed are proven solid outside CBs. And a rookie isn’t starting over them. 

Why draft anyone in round one if they are not going to start?  It’s not like we have a roster of quality starters. The point is, whoever we draft in round 1 will start. If a CB is drafted I would expect them to start.

We can only dream of the day of picking a player on day one or two and allow them to slowly develop and learn. 

18 minutes ago, xrade said:

Why draft anyone in round one if they are not going to start?  It’s not like we have a roster of quality starters. The point is, whoever we draft in round 1 will start. If a CB is drafted I would expect them to start.

We can only dream of the day of picking a player on day one or two and allow them to slowly develop and learn. 

That’s my point though. Sauce or Stingley aren’t starting when we’re a healthy team. Will they get snaps? 100% bc they’d be the 1st ones out there if anything health wise happened to Reed or Hall. And obviously for some rest. Reed and Hall are also both in their prime years let’s not forget.

This can be said at DT as well and I eluded to this yesterday. We draft Davis at 10 and he’s a rotational guy. He’s not for sure starting over JFM, Rankins, Marshall. He’d 100% get snaps. But he’s not starting over Q for sure and would work in with the rest. I just don’t think we need to be drafting guys that are rotational guys top 10. JD does and did a great job of filling holes in FA, to where we don’t have many weaknesses. But we could use upgrades in a lot of places. We still need an actual starting DE so we can move JFM around. We still need an actual starting outside WR. We still need a starting LB. Those are the 3 biggest holes we have. By no means do I think we should draft a LB at 4 or 10 so the logical thing to me is to draft a DE at 4 and a WR at 10. Use Round 2 for rotational guys that can become starters. 

1 hour ago, Bobby816 said:

This can be said at DT as well and I eluded to this yesterday. We draft Davis at 10 and he’s a rotational guy. He’s not for sure starting over JFM, Rankins, Marshall

Same can be said if WR. The rookie is not starting over Moore and Davis.

Saleh will rotate his DL more than any other position group meaning any DL we get will get snaps. Looking at last season, part of the problem is that we rotated our “starting DL” with sub par talent. Saleh is not going to change his rotation philosophy so the best way to get better is to get better players along the DL. Don’t be surprised if DT is the pick at 10. 

4 minutes ago, xrade said:

Same can be said if WR. The rookie is not starting over Moore and Davis.

Saleh will rotate his DL more than any other position group meaning any DL we get will get snaps. Looking at last season, part of the problem is that we rotated our “starting DL” with sub par talent. Saleh is not going to change his rotation philosophy so the best way to get better is to get better players along the DL. Don’t be surprised if DT is the pick at 10. 

3 WRs start mostly though. So yes if we draft a guy at 10, he’s starting over Berrios IMO.