Shaq Mason traded to Buccaneers

DaPatsKid98

BB doing Brady a favor.. I hope he got some really nice compensation.  EDIT: I just read a 5th and am even MORE SAD 

I am very sad right now lol.. this OL just got soooo much worse and went from strength to question mark in a day

Edited by Crimmage
  • Like 1

I understand the cap space.. but who are they going to spend it on who will be better value than Mason? It isn't like he had a massive contract and was old either. 

This would make more sense if Karras came back at least.. but now you've got to sign or draft a guard who starts day 1. I doubt they think Durant is a future starter.. he was pretty mediocre last season from what I remember. 

I could also understand this if they got a 2nd round pick.. maybe even a 3rd.. but a 5th!? 

Wynn is the one you should have traded for a 5th, not Mason lol 

So Karras and Mason gone...kick Wynn into LG, Onwenu at RG, re-sign Brown have him play LT and sign/draft/trade an RT? 

Wynn might be a better G than T anyway, which really means they had 4 decent guards and only 2 guard spots. But it always hurts seeing a depth position thinned out.

• Like 2

Is it just my hazy memory or did Shaq have a bit of a down year relative to previous ones? PFF says otherwise but who trusts them. Maybe I am thinking of Onwenu who had such an insane rookie year. 

As Chaz says, they were deeper at interior OL and I think Andrews could make almost anyone play at a serviceable level outside him. 

Tackle is a need but they have the TEs and more cap room. I suspect the 2023 and beyond cap room tipped the balance too as Bill probably reckoned Mason was going to reset the market with his next deal. 

• Like 1