Tom Coughlin backs Jalen Ramsey after AJ Green incident

.Buzz

I mean Jalen didn’t do anything wrong, so I’m glad he is getting backed by the team.

I’m sure Ramsey said some vile things. I’m sure he was repeatedly hitting Green every play and beating him up on every route and every run play. I’m sure he was knocking Green around every play right at the whistle. But who cares? Everything he did was inside the rules. He was baiting Green into getting into his feelings, losing focus, and mentally taking himself out of the game. It’s Jalen’s job to take Green outside his comfort zone and make him a non-factor. And it doesn’t really matter how he gets it done, as long as he does it within the rules.

Green took the bait. He got in his feels and took himself out of the game. Jalen held Green to 2 targets, 1 catch and 6 yards. Almost no CB will ever be able to say they did that to a healthy Green during his prime. In fact, only twice has Green ever been held to that or fewer catches or yards. Both times, he was injured during the game. Jalen took a healthy Green out of the game better than anyone has ever done by getting in his head.

Jalen >>>>>>>>>>>

Archived