LA Rams Draft Thread

MDY10

11 minutes ago, holt_bruce81 said:

So what are our top needs? O-Line and DB? Does anyone think we need to add some WR depth with all the question marks at that position? 

Assuming Von is back, the only starter spots in flux are RG and CB2. I'd also say TE2 is a big hole and we were lucky it didn't cost us this past year. A lot of depth behind that.

I personally don't see WR to be a need. Robert Woods should be ready close to the start of the season. And if he's not Kupp, Jefferson, and someone else is enough to get by. I'd hope Atwell is at least playable. 

DB is need #1 to me again, doesn't mean I think that'll be our top pick but there's a real need opposite Ramsey. Rochell may take a year two step forward and alleviate some of that but we lost Hill last year and we're likely to lose DD and DWill this year and need to add bodies back there. Add to that I believe Long is going into the final year of his rookie deal and the need is obvious. We also had a lot of injuries at safety as evidenced by Weddle coming out of retirement and that's a big need. Scott was great in the playoffs and we all like Fuller but after that there's only Rapp with his question marks and Burgess who couldn't seem to work his way onto the field last year.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, holt_bruce81 said:

So what are our top needs? O-Line and DB? Does anyone think we need to add some WR depth with all the question marks at that position? 

Honestly, I think our top "need" might actually be "best-value" at one of several positions (which may ultimately be more a case of "positions that aren't x, y, and z positions").  Effectively a, if we can improve upon a particular position or lay hands on a ceiling-prospect who could replace a starter in 1/2-1 season's worth of time, then you don't argue with the value.

That might be a case of safety, CB, someone in the LB corps (including EDGE), interior OL, WR (if OBJ isn't resigned).  We have some really nice versatility to just let the board come to us without feeling like we need to move for one particular position.

• Like 2

I think our biggest NEEDS are IOL and DB—more specifically CB. And if Von goes elsewhere, then Edge obviously jumps pretty high on the list as well. I’d expect us to take an ILB at some point (barring a big FA signing like Wagner or Jack) and I do think we’ll nab a RB somewhere in rounds 5-6. Also a TE wouldn’t surprise me, unless they view Jacob Harris as one—though they’ve been very wishy washy on what they view him as so who knows. 

Some guys I really like:

Cole Strange—IOL

Dylan Parham—IOL

D’Vonta Price—RB

Troy Andersen—LB

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, LeotheLion said:

I think the estimate right now is 3 5th and a 6th if you add Von Miller to it.

Don't think Miller factors in; certain amount of veterancy that's been eclipsed makes it to where he's not elegible to yield a comp pick.

3 minutes ago, Dr LBC said:

Don't think Miller factors in; certain amount of veterancy that's been eclipsed makes it to where he's not elegible to yield a comp pick.

I've read on Twitter that he can/likely will net a 5th instead of the typical 3rd for a top dollar FA. But I could certainly be wrong. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, LeotheLion said:

I've read on Twitter that he can/likely will net a 5th instead of the typical 3rd for a top dollar FA. But I could certainly be wrong. 

Could be, but there are all of two guys on Twitter I trust when it comes to breaking down CBA stuffs - otherwise I consult my wife who is an HR Manager... and who, despite being a football fan herself, laughs in my face when I try to get her to do stuff she might have to worry about for work at home in a non-work-related environment.

• Like 1