LA Rams Draft Thread

MDY10

2 minutes ago, BStanRamFan said:

yeah, just not a fan of the pick, but I see everyone online is praising him for his ability to pick up the blitz. I agree we needed another RB, but wouldn't have wanted someone with his measurables or lack of athleticism. Hope I'm wrong. His phone call video was awesome though.

LOVED the two picks in the 6th (DB's) and rolling the dice on Hardy. A few teams brought him in for top 30 visits, he tested very well. All in all I'm pumped with our draft. Think we actually got some contributors and great developmental guys.

I think Williams will be one of those guys people grow to love. And his game tape shows some athleticism I don't pay attention to the pro day and combine mess.

Another DB drafted (Russ Yeast).

Safe to say this is an indication we have no plans of bringing back Taylor Rapp, Nick Scott, and/or David Long Jr next offseason. 

Bring back Troy Hill, draft 2 safety's and 2 cornerbacks. The secondary room is going to be crowded. Going to be fun to see how this shakes out in camp. 

37 minutes ago, NVRamsFan said:

I think Williams will be one of those guys people grow to love. And his game tape shows some athleticism I don't pay attention to the pro day and combine mess.

To be honest, he shaved 0.1 second off of most of his running times at his pro day.  My bigger concern with Williams is the fumbles.  But this was very clearly a McVay pick... and also a culture pick.

26 minutes ago, BStanRamFan said:

Another DB drafted (Russ Yeast).

Safe to say this is an indication we have no plans of bringing back Taylor Rapp, Nick Scott, and/or David Long Jr next offseason. 

Bring back Troy Hill, draft 2 safety's and 2 cornerbacks. The secondary room is going to be crowded. Going to be fun to see how this shakes out in camp. 

Or more that we have no plans of getting into bidding wars over any of them.  If they're willing to take a contract in the tier-relative-to-their-positional-peers to what Allen or Noteboom did, hey cool.  But we're not stretching ourselves thin for them.

I think there's also a realization that there are certain more premium positions that if we come into 2023's draft realizing they're specific needs (OT, starting EDGE) we're going to want the flexibility to be able to move draft picks either to get an already established player or to potentially move up in the draft (when we actually have a 1st again... presumably).  So scattershotting to make sure pending free agents in the secondary aren't creating perceived needs to have to be addressed in next year's draft.

24 minutes ago, LeotheLion said:

Really pleased with the draft. I didn't want to see a WR. 

Only pick I didn't love is Williams. There's just other backs I liked more. It seems like we wanted another Malcolm Brown which is fine but I would have wanted someone more dynamic. 

At worst, assuming he cleans up the fumbling stuffs, Williams is Gio Bernard 2.0, but he has some moments on tape that are reminiscent of Austin Ekeler.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, El Ramster said:

Hardy guys just looks like a stud 😂.. 

That’s not the same college Trumaine went to right? 

No, Trumaine went to University of Montana.

But here are a sampling of the numbers from his pro day.

6'2"
235lbs
11" hands
34" arms
40" vert
10'7" broad
6.78s 3-cone
4.57s 40

And he posted 16.5 sacks and 24.5 TFL last season.

• Like 2