LA Rams Draft Thread

MDY10

2 hours ago, Dr LBC said:

To be honest, he shaved 0.1 second off of most of his running times at his pro day.  My bigger concern with Williams is the fumbles.  But this was very clearly a McVay pick... and also a culture pick.

It was very much a McVay guy he's practically glowing talking about him in the post draft presser.

10 hours ago, Dr LBC said:

Also, not sure if anyone's noticed but Durant is basically a Darious Williams clone.

i noticed that one of these guys had a 6.85 3 cone drill and the other guy a 7.02.
not sure i would call that a clone. but yeah, both a 5'9.

the rams were one of the most athletic drafts last year.
this year? #32. well.
i guess they really thought this class is garbage or maybe its just the first year without holmes in the war room?

i'm looking at this udfa class. a bunch of tryout players getting 2500 bucks sigining bonouses and jake hummel.
it looks like the worst udfa class ever under snead.

IF the rams really sign the honeybadger after this db bonanza, i'm 10000000% this whole 2022 draft was a huge waste of time, because te rams gave up after that 3rounder
IF they don't, i guess we might miss holmes more than we thought.

3 hours ago, Rrrrrrrams said:

i noticed that one of these guys had a 6.85 3 cone drill and the other guy a 7.02.
not sure i would call that a clone. but yeah, both a 5'9.

the rams were one of the most athletic drafts last year.
this year? #32. well.
i guess they really thought this class is garbage or maybe its just the first year without holmes in the war room?

i'm looking at this udfa class. a bunch of tryout players getting 2500 bucks sigining bonouses and jake hummel.
it looks like the worst udfa class ever under snead.

IF the rams really sign the honeybadger after this db bonanza, i'm 10000000% this whole 2022 draft was a huge waste of time, because te rams gave up after that 3rounder
IF they don't, i guess we might miss holmes more than we thought.

Can never have enough DB's, especially in today's NFL. And these young guys are talented, but will need to be brought along slowly and some stashed on the PS. I hope we sign Mathieu and think these kids have some great mentors to learn from in the offseason in Ramsey/Mathieu.

You give them thee best possible chance to succeed by not throwing them to the wolves and demanding too much from rookies. 

i went back. deep. all these dbs had good 3 cone numbers. until. hall. the corner the rams got last year through the wire.
from the falcons. he got speed. but bad 3 cone. kinda like durant now. maybe thats the new touch of morris?

Favorite Pick: Daniel Hardy EDGE Montana State

Small school prospect, new to the position, potential elite athleticism. He could become a fan favorite if we get him in situationally early on and the Obo role is up for grabs as a 4th EDGE rusher.

Least Favorite: Kyren Williams RB Notre Dame

I don't want to put this kid down, I see the potential to be Austin Ekeler 2.0 and I realize McVay loves him. I just would have went in a different direction. I'm sure I will be proven wrong and excited to see how he will fit into the offense, but just not my cup of tea.

Potential Surprise: Derion Kendrick CB Georgia

Top WR prospect, goes to Clemson and transitions to CB. Gets into trouble and dismissed from Clemson, goes to Georgia and wins a second National Championship. Prototypical size, played in Man and Zone schemes. Ability to make plays on the ball. Needs to improve his tackling. If the off field issues didn't happen, I could see him going in the 4th instead of 6th. He has the potential to make the roster as a rookie and work his way up the depth chart if he's willing to keep his head down and learn from Ramsey. 

Honorable mention: Quentin Lake seems to be Jordan Fuller 2.0. Extremely intelligent which allows him to think less and play faster early on. Really loved this pick after I read more about his bloodlines and size. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, NVRamsFan said:

I’ve gotten used to single digit jerseys all around the field but I can’t get used to numbers 11-19 on defense. 14 for a corner is so weird to me lol never got used to Dwill wearing 11.

• Like 2