QB Tyrod Taylor signs with Giants

Acgott

It's a significant amount for a backup quarterback, but I except the "backup" part to be temporary. Between the possibilities of DJ getting hurt or even getting beat out in training camp (hence the incentives), Taylor will almost certainly see action.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Acgott said:

Come on Adam, stop being an agents bff. Ian and Art hearing same

So 5.5 million with incentives that I can accept.  Joe Schoen is making all the right moves so far, I look very forward to see what he does at the draft.

12 hours ago, y*so*blu said:

It's a significant amount for a backup quarterback, but I except the "backup" part to be temporary. Between the possibilities of DJ getting hurt or even getting beat out in training camp (hence the incentives), Taylor will almost certainly see action.

Yep and when DJ does inevitably get hurt at least Taylor will be fun to watch rather then the likes of Colt McCoy, Mike Glennon, Davis Webb etc..

• Like 2

Indifferent. But leaning more to liking the pick up. It’s insurance. If he loses out Jones and Jones balls. We have our franchise guy. If Jones sucks. He can be our bridge to the next QB in 2023 and then we don’t have to rush that guy either cause Taylor will still have a year of team control. 

Edited by YogiBiz
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, Acgott said:

Great, but also incredibly interesting, structure to this contract. Here's the bottom line: DJ may not be here next year, but Tyrod Taylor certainly will be. Giants leaning towards drafting a QB this year or next to be the future with Taylor being the bridge QB.