Roy Halladay dies in plane crash in Gulf of Mexico

Tyronnosaurus

An absolute tragedy. It shook me up pretty bad yesterday when I found out and still not good today. I used to like watching Toronto games when he was pitching just to see him pitch, it was pure magic. 40 is only a few yrs. older than me. Apparently he was as good a person as he was a pitcher too. RIP Doc, it was a pleasure to have watched you pitch.

3 minutes ago, Thelonebillsfan said:

Boston Sports radio said some PROFOUNDLY horrific things about him today.

I will no longer be listening to that crap for any reason, at all. **** was foul.

The fans, or the hosts? That's jacked up. 

3 minutes ago, Thelonebillsfan said:

I will no longer be listening to that crap for any reason, at all. **** was foul.

I was listening. All Felger said was that when you buy a toy plane and divebomb from 100' in the air just for the hell of it, that you're way too cavalier about life and that your death is not a tragedy. He said he felt horribly for Halladay's wife and kids, but had no sympathy for Halladay himself. It's a completely fair take.

Before you pass judgment, watch the video of Halladay showboating in a machine he clearly didn't know how to operate.

And read beyond Deadspin. Everyone should know better than that.

8 minutes ago, Thelonebillsfan said:

There's a law that there must be a dbag say something insensitive in light of a tragic death.

You're ten times as likely to have someone like that on the radio

tbh in today's culture it's encouraged to "trigger" people because it's cool to be politically incorrect

2 minutes ago, playmaker8267 said:

I was listening. All Felger said was that when you buy a toy plane and divebomb from 100' in the air just for the hell of it, that you're way too cavalier about life and that your death is not a tragedy. He said he felt horribly for Halladay's wife and kids, but had no sympathy for Halladay himself. It's a completely fair take.

Before you pass judgment, watch the video of Halladay showboating in a machine he clearly didn't know how to operate.

Even if I take your word for that, are you really arguing that Halladay deserved to die and we shouldn't feel sympathy?

Just now, redsoxsuck05 said:

Even if I take your word for that, are you really arguing that Halladay deserved to die and we shouldn't feel sympathy?

Sympathy for Halladay? No. The way he was operating that aircraft, he was begging for a catastrophe. His wife was apparently begging him to not buy the plane, which arrived Monday. Then he goes out and risks his life (and loses) by flying the plane like a complete moron just for a thrill. Watch the video and tell me this is a tragedy. A tragedy is what happened to Nick Adenhart. Not this.

He didn't deserve to die, but when you beg to die with this behavior, it's not in the tragedy category. I just can't mourn this the same way I would have if he died of something unpreventable. Halladay was an incredible pitcher. I loved watching him work, even when he was carving up my team. I was floored when I first saw the news, because of that and because I knew he was held in very high regard among the players. After seeing how his death was completely preventable, I just can't call this a tragedy.

But Felger's the bad guy for calling Halladay out for his stupid behavior.

Just now, playmaker8267 said:

I was listening too. I generally enjoy Felger and Maz, but today crossed a line you DO NOT cross.

He won't get fired because it's a top-10 show in the country and basically keeps the station afloat, but he deserves a suspension, there's no defense for it.

Archived