Patriots sign CB Terrance Mitchell to 1yr deal

Crimmage

I dont think any CB for 3M is going to be the solution to the problem, he looks like a depth guy with starter experience. I would fully expect them to sign at least one more FA CB then get 2 in the draft ( double dip or a UDFA + top 2 round pick). 

One thing to also keep in mind is Mills playing more safety, he very well could have been signed last year to be McCourty's replacement.. who knows.. but with McCourty's age, he could split time with him. So even if they sign another CB / draft someone who starts, they may need Mitchell to play a decent amount of outside cb while Mills helps out at safety.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DaPatsKid98 said:

Can’t hate the move. We needed depth, and he’s got experience starting and has played in various schemes. But definitely anticipating more activity at cornerback 

I'm really stoked we got a Cleveland guy in here, giving all those connections to Cleveland sloppy seconds'.

40 minutes ago, DoleINGout said:

Darious Williams to the Jaguars at basically $10 million per is a much better bang for the buck/middle ground between the $3 for Mitchell and the $17 for JC. Too bad hey missed out there.

Based on reports, he actually had higher offers but took less to go home. 

Doubt the Pats offered more than that but doesn't sound like other teams had a chance as long as Jags were interested

1 hour ago, Crimmage said:

I dont think any CB for 3M is going to be the solution to the problem, he looks like a depth guy with starter experience. I would fully expect them to sign at least one more FA CB then get 2 in the draft ( double dip or a UDFA + top 2 round pick). 

One thing to also keep in mind is Mills playing more safety, he very well could have been signed last year to be McCourty's replacement.. who knows.. but with McCourty's age, he could split time with him. So even if they sign another CB / draft someone who starts, they may need Mitchell to play a decent amount of outside cb while Mills helps out at safety.

1 hour ago, Deadpulse said:

I mean its a 3m one year deal. Its a depth move

Hope so. I just don't think the timing of it all should sit well with any of us.