2018 Mock Off Season: 1st Draft

rdelaney89

Why would Brees leave the Saints? His kids have grown up in NO, he loves the city, and the Saints are back as a playoff contender with a much improved defense. Brees is retiring a Saint. Unrealistic mock that leaves the offense weak still sans Brees.

19 minutes ago, K-Ro 25 said:

Why would Brees leave the Saints? His kids have grown up in NO, he loves the city, and the Saints are back as a playoff contender with a much improved defense. Brees is retiring a Saint. Unrealistic mock that leaves the offense weak still sans Brees.

I said the exact same thing the other day, they got a defense now, and that his home town, this will be the start of all this crazy talk till the draft is over in 6 months. Stupid hypothetical trades, mock drafts that never never never, pan out.

22 hours ago, K-Ro 25 said:

22 hours ago, doumeyer said:

I said the exact same thing the other day, they got a defense now, and that his home town, this will be the start of all this crazy talk till the draft is over in 6 months. Stupid hypothetical trades, mock drafts that never never never, pan out.

I ask both of you how much money do you think Brees is willing to take to stay in NO?

Re: Brees, there is the whole money thing that could become a factor, and also the Sean Payton thing. If Payton leaves NO, all bets are off. Nobody expects Payton to leave now, but you never know.

Re: Mayfield and cocky QB's, let's all remember that OUR greatest quarterback of all time (and it's not even close) was quite cocky too! Cocky players mature and wind up beloved over time.

Don't judge the player based off of that. We would have never had Namath.

On 11/19/2017 at 12:19 PM, JetsandI said:

Halfway?  Want me to order extra sunflower seeds for you? lol.

Obviously, Brees won't sign with Jets.  Butler signing is a good aggressive move. I am not sure about double dip on OLB since Jets are abundant on that area, solid or not.

I don't feel the same way anymore, I think Brees is going to make a strong last push this season and then will retire. I could also see the Saints try to roll with Brees at the expense of cap hits after he does retire to try and win while he's still elite. His cap hit is set to be $18M next year and that's before he makes any money from the Saints so they are going to need to get crafty.

I'm not sure which Jets team you've been watching but we don't have any edge rushers.

Archived