GDT - Week 9 - No "Battle of the Barge" this time

brooks1957

What:

cleveland-browns-3317-usnews-getty-ftr_1

Oh for the season - looking to "Shock" the Lions (4-4)

636305523482691111-LION9180.jpg

Where:

stock-photo-detroit-july-ford-field-loca

When:

Sunday at 1 pm

And the crowd rushes in.....

giphy.gif

Seriously - to the game:

Browns side:

I see Myles Garrett being a big, big key to this game. Our defense has played relatively well - it just CANNOT be left on the field for 40 minutes of game time and be expected to do well. If Myles and his buddies are able to get home early, and make Stafford uncomfortable - we have a chance. A slim one - but a chance. Stafford is the highest paid player in the NFL for a reason.

Offensively, I think our best chance is to go into this game with the first 15 plays or so scripted. Stop deferring the GD kickoff. That has been a proven path to be down 7-0 with half the first quarter gone. Practice the crap out of these plays so they are down cold and execute. I resent the fact that the offense was "dumbed down" for Kizer in London. If you have success, who gives a rat's patoot?

QB is the hardest position to translate from college to the NFL - and we all seem to forget that DeShone is just 21 years old i.e. - he is going to make mistakes. Give him plays where the chance of success is higher and see what happens.

What I saw last night is that the Lions' defense can be exploited. I look for a lot of quick passes, and Duke has a monster game. Maybe we get lucky and the Lions are overlooking us.

Lions side:

Stafford is the real deal at QB. If we allow him time to count the house, he will pick us apart. He has very polished receivers. And I am fearful the hurting that Eric Ebron can put on us. We MUST change our looks and strategies to knock them off their game. The longer they stay in their comfort zone - the longer of a game it till be for the Browns.

I wonder how deep RB Ameer Abdullah is in Jim Caldwell's doghouse after spitting the bit twice in the red zone last night? Do I hear three?

I am always the optimist - but I see a semi comfortable Lions win.

6 minutes ago, bruceb said:

We have to play again?

I think the NFL should have some kind of mercy rule for teams like ours.

bud. Im pumped. We are going to bring home the W. 

They are on a short week. 

We have myles Garrett and Kizer will have his best game of the year. 

Our line will get some push Crowell hits 80+ yards on the ground. 

one of our receivers will do something good.... okay that is getting carried away. 

did some scouting.

their coach is inept and is saved by great QB's, Manning and Stafford. 

Stafford is playing well, he isn't turning he ball over. 

there reviews are decent but they don't seem to have a deep threat that could torch us. I think that works well for a Secondary. Enron is pretty bad also catching 50% of the ball coming his way. 

their running games sucks their no 1 back averages 3.4 YPC But they are doing decent catching out the back field. 

I think our defense matches up very well against there offence. The better Garrett plays if he can gets, sacks, hits hurries and pressure we may be able to shut them down. 

Their run defense is good 3.6 YPC, they have lost Ngata so I am not sure if that will affect them. They don't have any outstanding pass rushers. Ziggy Ansah has 4 sacks but 3 came in one game. they have another DE on 5 sacks. 

They have a ball hawk FS in glover Quin 3 ints he will be excited for sunday I am sure he is pumped about playing Deshonne Kizer. 

Overall our offence doesn't match up well. but our offence doesn't match up well against anything. 

Browns win 19-10

Jones and Tate can make some incredible catches a la Diggs and Thielen. That combined with the danger Riddick and Abdullah present on screens which we don't defend well and we're looking at some big problems. That being said we had the bye they have a short week. As long as it is only Tate/Jones getting us and maybe one or two big plays to the RBs we'll be alright. Just can't have those guys moving the chains like the Vikings RBs did after half with dump offs. 

Offensively we gotta be consistent so that the defense isn't on the field all game. Find a way to score TD's in any phase of the team. 

53 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

That gif...

Bruh.....

As far as the game, I don't think they will have over 15 attempts rushing, they won't even be bothered with it. Caldwell is doing pretty well up here, but they are prone to play down to their opponents. Garrett will have a shot to get a few sacks because I don't think Decker is all the way back from injury, and they have Brian Mihalik who has outplayed Greg Robinson but is average to me.  

I would love to beat Detroit, not only because I live here, but the city would literally melt down if we beat them which would be fun to listen to on the radio

Archived