GDT - Week 9 - No "Battle of the Barge" this time

brooks1957

19 hours ago, Kiwibrown said:

did some scouting.

their coach is inept and is saved by great QB's, Manning and Stafford. 

Stafford is playing well, he isn't turning he ball over. 

there reviews are decent but they don't seem to have a deep threat that could torch us. I think that works well for a Secondary. Enron is pretty bad also catching 50% of the ball coming his way. 

their running games sucks their no 1 back averages 3.4 YPC But they are doing decent catching out the back field. 

I think our defense matches up very well against there offence. The better Garrett plays if he can gets, sacks, hits hurries and pressure we may be able to shut them down. 

Their run defense is good 3.6 YPC, they have lost Ngata so I am not sure if that will affect them. They don't have any outstanding pass rushers. Ziggy Ansah has 4 sacks but 3 came in one game. they have another DE on 5 sacks. 

They have a ball hawk FS in glover Quin 3 ints he will be excited for sunday I am sure he is pumped about playing Deshonne Kizer. 

Overall our offence doesn't match up well. but our offence doesn't match up well against anything. 

Browns win 19-10

Kiwi - I think the key to your post becoming a reality will be the performance of our offense. If we are able to churn out first downs after first downs and put the pressure on their defense - that is right where we want them. Besides Stafford cannot hurt you when he is on the sidelines

16 minutes ago, brooks1957 said:

Kiwi - I think the key to your post becoming a reality will be the performance of our offense. If we are able to churn out first downs after first downs and put the pressure on their defense - that is right where we want them. Besides Stafford cannot hurt you when he is on the sidelines

I agree. 

I think our offence especially starts with our o line. If Crow can get 4 yards or more on 1st down 5-6 times It will help us put together drives that we get 3, 7 or at least chew some time.

It has sucked this year when our defense has punished the other teams offence and then we go 3 and out, or worse. 

Playing off of your point, Kiwi - I can honestly say the running game had been my biggest disappointment this season. Especially with the investment that they made into the OL in the offseason. Sucks that they needed this much time to get going, but you are spot on. The key to any successful drive is winning first down consistently.

Jim Donovan and Doug are right - you CANNOT continually put yourself behind the sticks due to stupid penalties. This team just isn't accomplished enough YET to regularly overcome second and 12 situations. 

Green Bay was running the ball well Monday night, but not with the power run game. I expect Duke will have a massive role in Sunday's game plan. The dink and dunk game may be a valued weapon Sunday. If we consistently find ourselves in 2ns and less than 6, and third and less than 3 - we improve our chances of success greatly.

One other Cleveland Brown who is so glad for the trip to Detroit is K Zane Gonzales. No outside elements to deal with - time to showcase that cannon of a right leg.

15 hours ago, SteelKing728 said:

I still got 2 more games to root for you guys too! Haha

Dang it! I wanna hate you, but youve got that undefinable quality I just love. Poking bears for the fun of it. Whats it called? Genasa-******. Like genasaqua, but dbagier. Bravo

Archived