GDT - Week 9 - No "Battle of the Barge" this time

brooks1957

6 hours ago, Mind Character said:

Unbecoming...

How dare you sir! Charge thee with such a scurrilous claim....

I hereby hitherto rescind all my electronic footballs bequeathed you...with all deliberate speed..

'Tis true ye have come down with the madness and have set thine eyes on thee & the good sir Hue & sir Williams...

'Tis true that ye, Goldhammer, & lord Grossi are one in the same.

Thy confirmation bias is unbecoming...and you are unfit for this board I say...

Be gone, I say!

I promise you, if Hue is still here after black Monday, I will be gone.

39 minutes ago, ditchdigger said:

I promise you, if Hue is still here after black Monday, I will be gone.

Cast not distant thine eyes that diggest in the midnight hue of the day of the moon, whenst the lake calleth but Hue not goeth. Aho, but passeth dolorous one more season for the Autumn leaves to dry and crackle as fat doggo doth steerest the brown hound. I have seen it in the tea. Pestilence upon us! Pestilence! Pestilence pre-snap. Pestilence seven steps when the foe sendeth a blitz of fire. Pestilence in the post-game presser. One more cycle our eyes must boil, our hearts be tossed gainst the rocks so might we tempt a worthy captain to champion our ample bosom of 53, to guide us in ecstacy to remembrance of the Avalon of our knight Based Joshua, to the gold days of 8-8 long ago lapped up in the waters of Lethe. Let your being be stirred, for the 2019 draft class looks stacked.

41 minutes ago, ditchdigger said:

It was a bonehead audible, the second redzone audible that has cost us a TD this year.

But don't defend Hue by saying he couldn't communicate.  The refs stopped play to determine the amount of time left on the clock, and one full minute of actual time passed between the time the refs stopped play and the ball being snapped.  Plenty of time to get in the headset.  More than enough time to realize that he should have been in shotgun, because any idiot who has ever played Madden realizes that you 15 seconds is an eternity to get off a quick pass and still have enough time to kick a FG if it's incomplete.

Stop. Defending. Idiocy.

Communicate as in calling a TO thereby saying no to the audible...

Ditch...you're so ridiculous with the Hue and coaches takes it's insane.

There's no moderation,,,it's always all bad...they've done nothing right...

It's insufferable discussing anything Browns with you during this season...it's all just one loud FIRE HUE...COACHES ARE IDIOTS rant..

I used to have nice back and forth and disagreements with you, but now your eyes are bloodshot & your always calling for coaches blood.

Losing is caused by a complex array of factors including bad coaching decisions.

You only see the later.

In this game, Hue made tremendous offensive calls...the audible was on Kizer. Instead of being like..."I thought are offensive calls were decent today, but the defensive one's were blah blah..."

It's just FIRE HUE...THEYRE IDIOTS...THIS LOSS IS ALL THEIR FAULT

The FO of Peyton Manning with Jim Bob Cooter as HC will soon calm all your worries don't you worry.

6 hours ago, big poppa pump said:

I had not heard Hue saying that he didn't need Mccown. 

And ironically, it seems as if Mccown would disagree with you in regards to canning Hue.  TBF he disagrees with me too about the FO.

https://scout.com/nfl/browns/Article/Josh-McCown-thinks-the-Browns-need-to-stick-with-Hue-Jackson-reg-108411066

He did not say it specifically, but here is the quote for everyone who wants to blame Sashi for the QB situation.  Feel free to bookmark this to refer to whenever you wonder who is responsible for the failures at QB.  When McCown was released in February of this year, the team's QBs were Robert "Earth Mover" Griffin, Cody "Trust Me" Kessler, and Kevin Hogan.  That is who Hue evaluated as more important for the team at that time, despite Griffin being due a roster bonus later in the offseason. 

On who will be most responsible for selecting the Browns’ QB:

Brown: “We will work collaboratively on it. (Associate head coach – offense) Pep (Hamilton), myself, Hue, AB (Andrew Berry), we will all sit down and make sure that we watch plenty of tape on all the eligible quarterbacks this year and make a decision that we feel is the best for the organization. It will be an organizational decision.”

On how much the Browns will lean on Jackson to help determine the franchise’s QB:

Brown: “A ton. Hue when we introduced him, we talked about that being one of the reasons we brought him here. We talk a lot. We watch tape on our guys so that we can learn and get on the same page and share ideas, but Hue knows how to identify them, he knows how to develop them and he knows what works for his system. There is no question he and I are going to have to be arm and arm in understanding who we are going to bring into this building to try to solve that position for us long term.”

Josh said it's not fair to evaluate until you have a substantial amount of talent.

If your assertion is correct, and the front office is incapable of providing that, then we can never evaluate a coach with the worst record in Browns history.  .041 and dropping.

Fair or not, that record is indicative of his decisions and ability to lead whatever talent that he has received. 

The Jets were said to be tanking.  They have 4 wins. 

The Bills were said to be rebuilding.  They have 5 wins.

There is no excuse for Hue not being able to squeeze a win out of this team this year.

27 minutes ago, Mind Character said:

Communicate as in calling a TO thereby saying no to the audible...

Ditch...you're so ridiculous with the Hue and coaches takes it's insane.

There's no moderation,,,it's always all bad...they've done nothing right...

It's insufferable discussing anything Browns with you during this season...it's all just one loud FIRE HUE...COACHES ARE IDIOTS rant..

I used to have nice back and forth and disagreements with you, but now your eyes are bloodshot & your always calling for coaches blood.

Losing is caused by a complex array of factors including bad coaching decisions.

You only see the later.

In this game, Hue made tremendous offensive calls...the audible was on Kizer. Instead of being like..."I thought are offensive calls were decent today, but the defensive one's were blah blah..."

It's just FIRE HUE...THEYRE IDIOTS...THIS LOSS IS ALL THEIR FAULT

The FO of Peyton Manning with Jim Bob Cooter as HC will soon calm all your worries don't you worry.

The all caps are in your head. 

Hue made some good play calls today.  The option shovel pass to Duke was a thing of beauty.  Running Crow out of power more than zone was a good call.  Still doesn't change the outcome.

"Other than the Dealey Plaza, how was your ride through Dallas Mrs. Kennedy?"

I'll say this:  I get more joy from saying "Jim Bob Cooter" than I have watching Hue Jackson coach the Browns.  If anyone is going to hire him, it's Truck Stop Jimmy.

My money would be on Harbaugh, out of all the names mentioned in Mind's Victory (Defeat?) Lap thread on the coaching staff.

3 hours ago, ditchdigger said:

The all caps are in your head. 

Hue made some good play calls today.  The option shovel pass to Duke was a thing of beauty.  Running Crow out of power more than zone was a good call.  Still doesn't change the outcome.

"Other than the Dealey Plaza, how was your ride through Dallas Mrs. Kennedy?"

OK.....now that I've cleaned the coffee (and bits of pop tart) off of my screen, I must say with all sincerity as a HS social studies teacher, "I am STEALING that line!"  

Archived