Pre-draft tidbits

Louis Friend

2 hours ago, Sllim Pickens said:

Yup, thats the same thing you posted above.  And yes I said it.  While watching the game I didn't really care.  And if I did it wasnt with the same desire that I feel for the Lions that might make me look at a game one sided.  

And yes, every time someone calls you on your exaggerations on what the forum is saying when literally nobody in the forum is saying it, you backtrack and play it off as a joke.  So as i said, you are either flaming and just trying to poke bears or you feel that way, and either way, its stale.   

Hahaha that's just your perception maybe cause I crash your little parties when you or others post tid-bits of non-sense like: They aren't as literal as you are making them out to be but grasp that straw...

" He was a top 10 QB by the numbers with 5 weeks left " Rich.... To you and others I guess that suggest don't try or look for another QB this year. (even the staff apparently)

" Or lets take a safety top 5. That's just been successful so many times in history! None of you are out-right saying it but when mentioned no one thinks it's a bad idea. "

" Paying the best players is stupid, anyone that's been paid and is good is why lose! We can get talent without paying anyone and nickle/dime our way until we're ready for a QB! "

Hyperbolic sure, but they're to point out how ridiculous those ideas maybe really are. 

The whole place is stale bud. The whole forum is 8 regulars and 6 of you think almost alike. It's cool; I don't gain much from being here; I've known for awhile no one's listening. 

I get and can take the hint. I'll stop posting.

22 minutes ago, SimbaWho said:

Hahaha that's just your perception maybe cause I crash your little parties when you or others post tid-bits of non-sense like: They aren't as literal as you are making them out to be but grasp that straw...

" He was a top 10 QB by the numbers with 5 weeks left " Rich.... To you and others I guess that suggest don't try or look for another QB this year. (even the staff apparently)

" Or lets take a safety top 5. That's just been successful so many times in history! None of you are out-right saying it but when mentioned no one thinks it's a bad idea. "

" Paying the best players is stupid, anyone that's been paid and is good is why lose! We can get talent without paying anyone and nickle/dime our way until we're ready for a QB! "

Hyperbolic sure, but they're to point out how ridiculous those ideas maybe really are. 

The whole place is stale bud. The whole forum is 8 regulars and 6 of you think almost alike. It's cool; I don't gain much from being here; I've known for awhile no one's listening. 

So why bother? I'm not suggesting you leave or that you're not welcome here. However, if you don't feel you gain anything and that nobody else is listening to you, then why make the effort? 

LOL people still arguing on here...can we all agree we are losers ....anyone who likes the Lions must have some sort of trauma...can we all agree??? lol. I hope we either draft Icky or trade down. I dont want Aiden or Kayvon or Neal or the safety

1 minute ago, NFL_Fan said:

LOL people still arguing on here...can we all agree we are losers ....anyone who likes the Lions must have some sort of trauma...can we all agree??? lol. I hope we either draft Icky or trade down. I dont want Aiden or Kayvon or Neal or the safety

Apparently so... 

Wait... wait... wait... is that based on my mock draft scenario or is this from somewhere else? I'm interested in hearing what your thoughts are on why you want him over the other prospects.

2 minutes ago, Karnage84 said:

Apparently so... 

Wait... wait... wait... is that based on my mock draft scenario or is this from somewhere else? I'm interested in hearing what your thoughts are on why you want him over the other prospects.

no just what I think. I dont like the top guys this year. Jets, Eagles, giants sitting pretty and will get equal or with lions luck better guys at their spots lol. I like London, but also like 10 other WR's that weren't injured. I think a trade down is a must with one first round pick. 

1 minute ago, NFL_Fan said:

no just what I think. I dont like the top guys this year. Jets, Eagles, giants sitting pretty and will get equal or with lions luck better guys at their spots lol. I like London, but also like 10 other WR's that weren't injured. I think a trade down is a must with one first round pick. 

So let's say you can't trade down, what would you do with Icky, Decker and Sewell?

1 minute ago, Karnage84 said:

So let's say you can't trade down, what would you do with Icky, Decker and Sewell?

icky at guard, vatai benched. decker gone after contract. at least what I did in Madden this past year on year 5 rn. I didnt draft a Guard I signed a FA and drafted a RT. but Icky would do. If Icky goes #1 I guess aiden. but he is overhyped rn. 

3 minutes ago, NFL_Fan said:

icky at guard, vatai benched. decker gone after contract. at least what I did in Madden this past year on year 5 rn. I didnt draft a Guard I signed a FA and drafted a RT. but Icky would do. If Icky goes #1 I guess aiden. but he is overhyped rn. 

I know you've referenced Madden before - do you find that Madden is accurate in predicting future success for rookie prospects? I haven't really played it in a few years. When I'd play NCAA 14 and then move the draft class into Madden it seemed to really go out of whack. 

38 minutes ago, Karnage84 said:

I know you've referenced Madden before - do you find that Madden is accurate in predicting future success for rookie prospects? I haven't really played it in a few years. When I'd play NCAA 14 and then move the draft class into Madden it seemed to really go out of whack. 

Madden sucks. Just like to see the big picture when putting the team together. I drafted 2 WR's this year and next. Wasnt able to keep one of each year. Something to think about when it is payday after their rookie contracts. I picked up Fleming from OSU next year (; and.....

JAXON SMITH-NJIGBA

WR

In 7 days, this mock draft will be made unavailable.

Mock Draft Logo

7 Round - 1 Team: Mock Draft
Created: less than a minute ago

Draft Mode: Realistic

|

Trade Mode: Strict

|

Draft Order: Pre-Draft

or imagine this lol

In 7 days, this mock draft will be made unavailable.

Mock Draft Logo

7 Round - 1 Team: Mock Draft
Created: less than a minute ago

Draft Mode: Realistic

|

Trade Mode: Strict

|

Draft Order: Pre-Draft

• Trade Recap

• lions.svg
    Detroit Receives:
    • 2022: Round 1, Pick 5
    • 2022: Round 1, Pick 7
    • 2022: Round 4, Pick 112
    • 2022: Round 5, Pick 147
    • 2023: Round 3
    • 2023: Round 5
    giants.svg
    New York Receives:
    • 2022: Round 1, Pick 2
    • 2023: Round 2
    • 2023: Round 1
  • lions.svg
    Detroit Receives:
    • 2022: Round 2, Pick 51
    • 2023: Round 7
    eagles.svg
    Philadelphia Receives:
    • 2022: Round 3, Pick 66
    • 2023: Round 3
  • lions.svg
    Detroit Receives:
    • 2022: Round 5, Pick 155
    • 2022: Round 5, Pick 167
    cowboys.svg
    Dallas Receives:
    • 2022: Round 5, Pick 147

16 hours ago, SimbaWho said:

Saying Goff was too 10 statistically once Dan Campbell took over play calling is not an opinion, it’s fact.  It doesn’t mean anyone thinks he is a top 10 QB.  It means he showed enough to not force picking a QB when none are proving worth it.  If I liked any of the QBs even as much as I liked Mac Jones last year, I’d be for us drafting one.  And I’m sure others would too.  

taking a S hasn’t been done before but there also has never been a consensus too 3 player in the draft that was a S.  If that S turns out to be Sean Taylor, Troy Palumalou, or Ed Reed, it would be worth the pick.  The game has changed dramatically where teams run more DBs out there than ever and having a versatile one that helps the run and pass D, is valuable.  There have been new ways of thinking and proof that a great d line getting pressure is less impactful than having guys who can cover. I don’t agree with it completely but it’s worth digging into.  Is a S at 2 ideal? Not really but if they thought he was by far the best player and has HOF potential, then take him over the guys with question marks. 

I have discussed how when a team gives out stupid contracts the team falls apart.  It doesn’t mean it’s not smart to pay players, I was all about paying Marcus Williams this year, but it can hurt a team.  The Chiefs are a shell of the team they were that hosted 4 straight AFC championship games.  Why? Because Mahomes got paid.  Not to say they shouldn’t pay Mahomes but now they have to draft really well and get production from cheap players. 

So if you take things out of context and mock them, that’s not productive discussion.  You can voice an opinion without being a condescending prick and then playing it off as tongue in cheek.  Have a discussion if you disagree with an opinion, because this is a discussion board.  But just throwing out jabs adds nothing.  

On 4/2/2022 at 9:15 AM, Sllim Pickens said:

Saying Goff was too 10 statistically once Dan Campbell took over play calling is not an opinion, it’s fact.  It doesn’t mean anyone thinks he is a top 10 QB.  It means he showed enough to not force picking a QB when none are proving worth it.  If I liked any of the QBs even as much as I liked Mac Jones last year, I’d be for us drafting one.  And I’m sure others would too.  

taking a S hasn’t been done before but there also has never been a consensus too 3 player in the draft that was a S.  If that S turns out to be Sean Taylor, Troy Palumalou, or Ed Reed, it would be worth the pick.  The game has changed dramatically where teams run more DBs out there than ever and having a versatile one that helps the run and pass D, is valuable.  There have been new ways of thinking and proof that a great d line getting pressure is less impactful than having guys who can cover. I don’t agree with it completely but it’s worth digging into.  Is a S at 2 ideal? Not really but if they thought he was by far the best player and has HOF potential, then take him over the guys with question marks. 

I have discussed how when a team gives out stupid contracts the team falls apart.  It doesn’t mean it’s not smart to pay players, I was all about paying Marcus Williams this year, but it can hurt a team.  The Chiefs are a shell of the team they were that hosted 4 straight AFC championship games.  Why? Because Mahomes got paid.  Not to say they shouldn’t pay Mahomes but now they have to draft really well and get production from cheap players. 

So if you take things out of context and mock them, that’s not productive discussion.  You can voice an opinion without being a condescending prick and then playing it off as tongue in cheek.  Have a discussion if you disagree with an opinion, because this is a discussion board.  But just throwing out jabs adds nothing.  

Does Hamilton's rumoured 4.7 40 at his pro day (hand timed) give you any pause on him as a player? 

1 minute ago, Karnage84 said:

Does Hamilton's rumoured 4.7 40 at his pro day (hand timed) give you any pause on him as a player? 

Yes.  I am a lot less into Hamilton now than I was a couple months ago.  I am not a fan of him at 2, as I have said for a while but I was ok with it initially if he has insane pro days/combine.  He still flashes on tape so I get it but between injuries and his lackluster athleticism, I would not be excited about drafting him at 2.  I think most have cooled on Hamilton and rightfully so.  But I also see why he was up there in the discussion with his tape.