Who wants it more  

9 members have voted

1. 1. Who wants it more

• Ben McAdoo's Blue Bombers
    • Kyle Shanahan's ForgotToRunAganns
    • Jim Tomsula's Pizza Doughnuts
    • Chip Kelly's FastAsHellies
    • Mike Dingleberry's Scary Cherries

Alright fellas, this may be the week that we get our first win. The giants just got blown out by the rams, and looked like they completely quit on their coach, especially on defense. 

Our banged up OL will have their hands full with their talented DL, and the lack of receiving options on the outside will really hurt us. We will need to establish the run game early, and stick with it throughout. Then we will need to utilize play action and roll outs to slow down their pass rush. We will need to play a clean game with no stupid penalties or dropped passes. Obviously winning the turnover battle is crucial in every game.

Eli is the type of QB we have been able to get to this year, hes a statue back there with a sub-par OL, so hopefully Buckner will be able to get back on track. I feel like hes due for a batted ball that gets hit high into the air and then picked off. Their best two receiving options seem to be Evan Engram and Sterling Sheppard. Eric Reid should be able to handle Engram in 1v1. Sheppard has worked out of the slot mostly this season, but with Odell and Marshal out, he may see more snaps from outside the numbers (not sure what he did last week). He is a shifty, sharp route runner type of WR that Eli will probably look for underneath when/if we can get pressure. So if we can get our linebackers to drop underneath him, there may be opportunity for interceptions.

I think this game will come down to, who wants it more? Which team will fight through this brutally awful football game and come out with a WIN.

I hear Samurai Mike is giving the pregame speech to JT O'Sullivan, Cody Picket, and the rest of the boys while Mike Martz tries to find Sing's belt after he drops his pants 

tenor.gif

Lets get this win and be the San Francisco 1-9ers and keep the jokes rolling.

Big, big game for us.  If we win this then we'll be tied with NY and they will have the heads up loss to us.  I think that means they would be picking ahead of us if we end up with the same record (or is head to head not a factor?). Anyway, if we lose they go two wins up on us and puts us in good position to be picking ahead of them.

3 minutes ago, big9erfan said:

Big, big game for us.  If we win this then we'll be tied with NY and they will have the heads up loss to us.  I think that means they would be picking ahead of us if we end up with the same record (or is head to head not a factor?). Anyway, if we lose they go two wins up on us and puts us in good position to be picking ahead of them.

They also have a worse SOS, which is the first tie breaker even over head to head for drafting purposes. So yeah, they'd pick before us

Tank Tank Tank!!! It appears the players havn't given up which is a great testament to Shanny's leadership but I would love to squeak out a loss all the while seeing some individual areas of improvement that we can carry on towards next year. We already have the cap space and now we need every ounce of draft capital to start the rebuild.

Just now, Forge said:

Given all the stuff surrounding the Giants and McAdoo at this point, I wonder if we win if that's it for him and he gets canned afterward, or if they would still wait until the end of the year? 

Can we win though? Are the Giants relatively healthy? Because even if the Giants players aren't playing their hardest, they still might beat up on the practice squad players we're trotting out right now. 

Just now, Geek said:

Can we win though? Are the Giants relatively healthy? Because even if the Giants players aren't playing their hardest, they still might beat up on the practice squad players we're trotting out right now. 

No, I wouldn't say that they are super healthy, though they got Shepard back last week. Unsure if Jenkins is playing in the secondary. Their team isn't very good, and if he's lost the locker room, and they just don't want to play for him, they may completely air it in. Hard to say. I think they have more talent then we do, but we haven't really rolled over in any game yet either. If they're mailing it in and we are fighting for it, I could see us take it down. Their defense has been playing very bad lately, their offensive line is horrendous...so there's some exploitable issues going on. 

Archived