Who wants it more  

9 members have voted

1. 1. Who wants it more

• Ben McAdoo's Blue Bombers
    • Kyle Shanahan's ForgotToRunAganns
    • Jim Tomsula's Pizza Doughnuts
    • Chip Kelly's FastAsHellies
    • Mike Dingleberry's Scary Cherries

Trent completely destroyed this team.  Steady decline in talent year after year - bad drafting, letting quality veterans go, and replacing good players with bargain basement guys he scraped out of the bottom of the barrel (or in the case of some of them took them off their couches because they were already out of the league).

49 minutes ago, big9erfan said:

Trent completely destroyed this team.  Steady decline in talent year after year - bad drafting, letting quality veterans go, and replacing good players with bargain basement guys he scraped out of the bottom of the barrel (or in the case of some of them took them off their couches because they were already out of the league).

We had more wins in 2014 in a non-playoff season than we do in the last 41 games combined. Just think about that for a second

Random article on Magnuson. I will say that I think that it's clear that he's not a tackle at this level (you can clearly see him struggling with the speed and agility types, even in the matchups he won), though he did perform admirably in this game against the cardinals, but I do agree with the overall thesis that he should be starting over Tomlinson when Staley comes back. Or maybe even Kilgore. Tomlinson and Kilgore have both shown enough to know exactly what they are at this point in the game, and there's not going to be some magical bean that turns them into something more. Magnuson is a whole lot of unknown, and he hasn't embarrassed himself, so I think that this is the time where we see what we have moving forward. Perhaps there is something there and we wouldn't need as much offensive line help as everyone thought. 

https://nflspinzone.com/2017/11/09/san-francisco-49ers-erik-magnuson-replace-laken-tomlinson-joe-staley-returns/

I remember during the Kap days I would argue that getting good/great guard play is more important than having good/great tackles. Of course that was with a QB who could allude the edge rushers. But I think I would still agree with that. Give me solid/above average tackle play and very good guard play. Our run game would be so much more consistent and we wouldn't get destroyed in the middle every single game. 

As for Magnuson, he definitely should replace either Tomlinson or Kilgore. Something most have been saying since damn near preseason.

53 minutes ago, Forge said:

Random article on Magnuson. I will say that I think that it's clear that he's not a tackle at this level (you can clearly see him struggling with the speed and agility types, even in the matchups he won), though he did perform admirably in this game against the cardinals, but I do agree with the overall thesis that he should be starting over Tomlinson when Staley comes back. Or maybe even Kilgore. Tomlinson and Kilgore have both shown enough to know exactly what they are at this point in the game, and there's not going to be some magical bean that turns them into something more. Magnuson is a whole lot of unknown, and he hasn't embarrassed himself, so I think that this is the time where we see what we have moving forward. Perhaps there is something there and we wouldn't need as much offensive line help as everyone thought. 

https://nflspinzone.com/2017/11/09/san-francisco-49ers-erik-magnuson-replace-laken-tomlinson-joe-staley-returns/

I absolutely agree.  I'm not sure if he's better, but I'd sure like to find out.  And now is the time for doing that.  I think he can be at least an adequate G or C.  The questions are - can he be more than just adequate, and which position is he better suited to?  After they give him a shot a G and/or C, I'd like to see them activate Williams some time and see what he offers at OT. Given that they are playing Magnuson out of position ahead of Williams I'm guessing they don't that is very much

3 hours ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

I remember during the Kap days I would argue that getting good/great guard play is more important than having good/great tackles. Of course that was with a QB who could allude the edge rushers. But I think I would still agree with that. Give me solid/above average tackle play and very good guard play. Our run game would be so much more consistent and we wouldn't get destroyed in the middle every single game. 

As for Magnuson, he definitely should replace either Tomlinson or Kilgore. Something most have been saying since damn near preseason.

I've always felt you can't have two bad OL next to one another. You can get by with a lesser player if he's surrounded with good players. Like, you can have an average C if you have two good Gs. Or you can have a lesser G if you have a good T and a good C around him. That's why I feel getting a good C is priority #1 on the OL. 

Just watched the Cardinal game and two things. 

1. I think Foster is going to be a constant injury problem. I don’t know if he has a low pain tolerance, weak joints or what, but he had to come out and then later in the game was acting like he hurt something else, maybe his wrist. It’s early, but I’m concerned his mind or body are not capable of handling the wear and tear of the NFL. 

2. I don’t think he’s our future QB or anything, but damn I love having Beathard on the team. I hope he holds the clipboard for his NFL career, but he’s sure tough and you can tell that team just wants him to succeed and wants to protect him.... although the team talents just not there to protect him or make plays for him, and it’s still early but I don’t think he has the talent to be a high performing starter. Regardless, I like the guy and will always root for him. He’s tough. 

If only Foster was showing Beathard’s toughness!

Wasn't sure where to put this, not really a perfect thread for it, but did anyone see the ESPN article projecting each team's starting quarterback in 3 years? They didn't pick Jimmy G for us - basically said that he would flop. Nope, they're still picking Kirk Cousins lol. I thought it was a little funny. Not saying that it's completely impossible of course, because the Jimmy G situation does still lead for potential options, but I'm hard pressed to see how that happens unless Jimmy G plays like Tom Savage. Otherwise, we have to at least give him next year, and by that point, Cousins is likely on a long term deal somewhere. 

sf.png?w=110&h=110&transparent=true

San Francisco 49ers

2020 QB: Kirk Cousins

Primary QB from 2014-16: Colin Kaepernick
Total team QBR 2014: 57.4 | 2015: 40.4 | 2016: 50.6

Sometimes the obvious is the obvious for a reason. After Jimmy Garoppolo flops, Cousins gets $35 million a year to sign with the 49ers after 2017. He and former coordinator Kyle Shanahan hum along for the next three seasons, pacing the NFL's top offense year after year.

Archived