Jets trade Blake Cashman to the Houston Texans for a 2023 6th Round draft pick.

What a STEAL for the Jets because some draft capital is better than no draft capital.

Blake Cashman is a former 5th round pick who's made out of glass and is always injured (understatement)..

2019: 9 games missed. 

2020: 12 games missed. 

2021: 14 games missed. 

I'm 🔥'd up about this 6th round pick and only because our Front Office has been doing a really good job @ finding 6th round talent throughout the previous 4 years (Folorunso Fatukasi, Braden Mann, Hamsah Nasirildeen and Brandin Echols). 

I honestly didn't think we could trade Blake Mr. Plexiglass Cashman for not even a single slice of NY style 🍕

And chances are it'll be a top 3 overall pick within the 6th round come 2023's draft. 

Props to Joe Douglas on this one. 

1 minute ago, Bobby816 said:

Hey something is better than nothing. Thought he was for sure getting cut. So to get a late rounder for him is good. Not going to get excited about a 6th rounder. But it’s something

Lots of very good to All-Time greats have been drafted 6th round so I'll always get excited over draft picks 😆.

Joe Klecko. 

Tom Brady.

Terrell Davis.

Greg Lloyd. 

Jay Novacek. 

Jason Kelce. 

Antonio Brown.

Adalius Thomas.

Matt Birk. 

Marco Rivera.

Antione Bethea.

Terance Mathis. 

Doesn't happen often and it's wishful thinking but just imagine if JD was able to turn Blake Cashman into one of those types of 6th round (rare) talents. 

54 minutes ago, DefenseWinsChampionships said:

What a STEAL for the Jets because some draft capital is better than no draft capital.

Blake Cashman is a former 5th round pick who's made out of glass and is always injured (understatement)..

2019: 9 games missed. 

2020: 12 games missed. 

2021: 14 games missed. 

I'm 🔥'd up about this 6th round pick and only because our Front Office has been doing a really good job @ finding 6th round talent throughout the previous 4 years (Folorunso Fatukasi, Braden Mann, Hamsah Nasirildeen and Brandin Echols). 

I honestly didn't think we could trade Blake Mr. Plexiglass Cashman for not even a single slice of NY style 🍕

And chances are it'll be a top 3 overall pick within the 6th round come 2023's draft. 

Props to Joe Douglas on this one. 

I hate six round picks they are a waste of time.

11 hours ago, xrade said:

Was Joe Klecko a waste of time?  Like me, you saw him tearing up the OL with that off centered stance of his. 

Joe Kiecko was great so were the two other all pro players we drafted that year Marvin Powell and Wesley Walker. That was in 1977 45 years ago. The draft today is too sophisticated to pull that off again.

A 6 can come in handy every now and then. We traded a 6 to get DT when Quincy went down for the year, traded a 6 to get Lawson(Shaq) when Lawson(Carl) went down for a year. 

Always good have an additional flyer late to grab the priority UDFA, Foley was a 6th rounder for us, he turned out to be one of Macc’s best picks(top 5 at least)

5 hours ago, doumeyer said:

Joe Kiecko was great so were the two other all pro players we drafted that year Marvin Powell and Wesley Walker. That was in 1977 45 years ago. The draft today is too sophisticated to pull that off again.

You could have kept that 45 years ago part out.  Sigh.