49ers sign Hassan Ridgeway

NcFinest9erFan

Just now, GW21 said:

Haven't really kept up with him, but I remember liking him in the draft back in the day. 

Just now, 49erurtaza said:

Well it doesn't look like PFF was super impressed with his play lol. 

4 minutes ago, Forge said:

Honestly, this seems like more of a replacement for Street than DJJ if I'm being honest. 

I think its a bit of both. This is a move that doesn't make it so we won't add anyone but also can mean we are confident in Kinlaw taking over for DJJ with Armstead staying inside. Might be a position we target in the draft.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Justone2 said:

I think its a bit of both. This is a move that doesn't make it so we won't add anyone but also can mean we are confident in Kinlaw taking over for DJJ with Armstead staying inside. Might be a position we target in the draft.

I don't think Kinlaw can take over for DJJ. Their skillsets are different. I think DJJ eventual replacement will be a draft pick and not a free agent. I'm bullish on Hurst filling that role with Darrion Daniels throw in there as well. Ridgeway is more of a 3T. I think he's more of a replacement for Key when would move him inside as a nickel DT.

Just now, adamq said:

Where does Kinlaw really fit in best for us then? Just spelling AA?

He's a NT. His best assest at the moment is being a run stuffing NT who can occupy two blockers, freeing up a guy like AA or Givens to go one-on-one. He's not a pass-rusher so his nickel snaps should be limited. He has to earn the right to be on the field on obvious passing plays. He's still a work in progress rushing the passer. That's why you go out and add a guy like Ridgeway, who can provide depth to your nickel DT rotation.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, 757-NINER said:

He's a NT. His best assest at the moment is being a run stuffing NT who can occupy two blockers, freeing up a guy like AA or Givens to go one-on-one. He's not a pass-rusher so his nickel snaps should be limited. He has to earn the right to be on the field on obvious passing plays. He's still a work in progress rushing the passer. That's why you go out and add a guy like Ridgeway, who can provide depth to your nickel DT rotation.

Yeah, was going to say he’s like a Chris Canty Raquel NT, but with legit pass rushing upside that really hasn’t formulated yet. Just pure physical tools.

still shocked we didn’t go Lamb, Jeudy or Wirfs..

• Like 1