Bills sign Von Miller to 6 year $120 million

Trentwannabe

I like it most of the guarantees are in a signing bonus allowing to be spread over the 6 years and less cap hit this year to be able to bring him in. This is the move to answer the problem on defense for the next 3 years. Being #1 defense last year without losing much this year and able to upgrade a position like edge is huge. Not only will von be an impact on the field but he will be able to get the young guys to the next level with his experience and teaching them some stuff. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/16/2022 at 7:31 PM, Billsfaninptown said:

How will he fit in this defense. Has he played at RDE before?

I'm hoping they'll rotate him a lot during the regular season to keep him fresh. He'll get his 60% (ish) of snaps, and be on the field for the big moments of the game (3rd and 4th downs to close out the game). My hope is this keeps him healthy and fresh for the playoffs where they can up his snaps a bit more. He's loss a bit of juice, but his technique as a pass rusher is the cream of the crop. He should be an impactful player for at least another two years as long as he doesn't deal with injuries. 

I don't think he's ever play DE before, but with how great of a pass rusher he is- I'm not worried in the slightest that he'll struggle. The Bills like to drop linemen in coverage every now and then, but with Von- I'm thinking they'll tell him to just get after the QB when you're on the field. Aw yeah!