Jets Sign DE Jacob Martin

Bobby816

3yr deal worry 13.5mill 6mill guaranteed.

Likely the guy fighting with Huff for snaps behind Lawson and the rookie we draft.

Simikar game to Huff as well as an slightly undersized DE that likes using speed and his bend to get around OTs. I’m guessing the tier UO from him were just too pricey. And with us probably knowing we’re going DE at 4 or 10, we didn’t want to overspend. 

8 minutes ago, rickyt31 said:

Pretty explosive.  

He sure is. But started for his 1st time last year and only got to 4 sacks. Now I think what we have in our front 7 will be better than that if HOU… but he’s more than likely a rotational guy for us, not a regular starter. But it does give us insurance at DE. He’s a more polished Huff for me

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

He sure is. But started for his 1st time last year and only got to 4 sacks. Now I think what we have in our front 7 will be better than that if HOU… but he’s more than likely a rotational guy for us, not a regular starter. But it does give us insurance at DE. He’s a more polished Huff for me

That is it right there. The guy will swap in and out. 

6 minutes ago, KingOfNewYork said:

No one could have anticipated both Lawson and Curry not playing a single snap for us so depth is vital. Solid player, if he keeps his 4 sack pace in a rotational role then this is well worth it.

He was a starter with those 4 sacks last season. Previous he was a rotational guy at around 3 sacks, so not much of a difference… but he did show he’s not close to a 7-10 sack guy in a starting role. Which you’d like pretty much any starting DE to be.

Just now, Bobby816 said:

He was a starter with those 4 sacks last season. Previous he was a rotational guy at around 3 sacks, so not much of a difference… but he did show he’s not close to a 7-10 sack guy in a starting role. Which you’d like pretty much any starting DE to be.

You think he was signed to be a starter? 

4 minutes ago, KingOfNewYork said:

You think he was signed to be a starter? 

Absolutely not. My point was merely that you stated he’s a decent 4 sack guy rotationally. But he in fact was a 4 sack guys as a starter last season. Big difference. He’s a rotational guy with us. But if he’s a starter bc of injury, don’t expect those numbers to double as a a starter is my point

3 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

Absolutely not. My point was merely that you stated he’s a decent 4 sack guy rotationally. But he in fact was a 4 sack guys as a starter last season. Big difference. He’s a rotational guy with us. But if he’s a starter bc of injury, don’t expect those numbers to double as a a starter is my point

He had 3/3.5/3 sacks in 16/14/14 in games played in rotational roles prior to being a starter last year. So if he's a 3 sack guy its still good value in a rotation aspect.

Last year he also had 19 pressures, 13 hurries. Those numbers were huge jumps for him so even though he didn't finish more he definitely improved in his starting role. That was in 61% of the snaps. 14 starts.  

11 minutes ago, KingOfNewYork said:

He had 3/3.5/3 sacks in 16/14/14 in games played in rotational roles prior to being a starter last year. So if he's a 3 sack guy its still good value in a rotation aspect.

Last year he also had 19 pressures, 13 hurries. Those numbers were huge jumps for him so even though he didn't finish more he definitely improved in his starting role. That was in 61% of the snaps. 14 starts.  

I like the pickup from a rotational standpoint and like the burst he creates. And is a lot better than having to move guys around like JFM if we have injuries. Ideally for me JFM pretty much stays inside. And the more decent options we have at DE that more that’s likely 

1 minute ago, Bianconero said:

Why? He's a situational pass rusher

If we draft a guy at #4 and have him with Lawson and Huff I just don’t see the need for a situational pass rusher with 13 career sacks. I would of thought we’d sign a starter and have the rookie and Huff as situational pass rushers until the rookie was ready to start. 

14 minutes ago, KimuraGod said:

If we draft a guy at #4 and have him with Lawson and Huff I just don’t see the need for a situational pass rusher with 13 career sacks. I would of thought we’d sign a starter and have the rookie and Huff as situational pass rushers until the rookie was ready to start. 

Huff and Lawson ended the year on the IR. Depth is never a bad idea.

• Like 2