49ers sign S George Odum

49erurtaza

1 hour ago, 49ersfan said:

Elite special teamer and solid rotational safety. Guess he'll split snaps with Hufanga & Moore at SS

Guessing Tartt isn't coming back. 

Does this take us out of the running for a S in the Draft? Unless the S is just by and far the BPA at our pick

If this signing means we're not targeting a safety...or two, fairly early on Day 2 or 3 of the draft, somebody needs to be fired.

10 minutes ago, 757-NINER said:

If this signing means we're not targeting a safety...or two, fairly early on Day 2 or 3 of the draft, somebody needs to be fired.

Hufanga, Moore and odum. Wouldn't be surprised if that's the plan

2 minutes ago, Forge said:

Hufanga, Moore and odum. Wouldn't be surprised if that's the plan

That's a horrible plan then. Huf is not ready. Was out of position and played reckless far too often. Moore is not a SS and is coming off a Achilles, though I really do like his ability to back-up Jimmie. Odum is a ST stud who performed well in a sub package/back-up role. There's just not enough there to maintain what Tartt gave us imo. Even as a collective. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, 757-NINER said:

That's a horrible plan then. Huf is not ready. Was out of position and played reckless far too often. Moore is not a SS and is coming off a Achilles, though I really do like his ability to back-up Jimmie. Odum is a ST stud who performed well in a sub package/back-up role. There's just not enough there to maintain what Tartt gave us imo. Even as a collective. 

Currently the offensive line consists of a starting LG who was active last year for all of like, 2 games. I mean, we were actually afraid that two people would get hurt and we'd have to play him, apparently. 

A RG who is Daniel Brunskill still, i guess? 

And a RT who may be Justin Skule because I have no idea if McG is actually going to be healthy to start the season? 

So I'm not even sure that S is my most pressing concerns. 

Thankfully, we have a 27 million dollar back up qb. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Forge said:

Currently the offensive line consists of a starting LG who was active last year for all of like, 2 games. I mean, we were actually afraid that two people would get hurt and we'd have to play him, apparently. 

A RG who is Daniel Brunskill still, i guess? 

And a RT who may be Justin Skule because I have no idea if McG is actually going to be healthy to start the season? 

So I'm not even sure that S is my most pressing concerns. 

Thankfully, we have a 27 million dollar back up qb. 

C'mon, I never said O-Line wasn't a concern either. I just think that's a ****ty job of personnel management if the epiphany is SS by committee. 

I'm sure we're going to address O-Line depth at some pont. At least I hope...

26 minutes ago, 757-NINER said:

C'mon, I never said O-Line wasn't a concern either. I just think that's a ****ty job of personnel management if the epiphany is SS by committee. 

I'm sure we're going to address O-Line depth at some pont. At least I hope...

I'm just saying that given the concerns on the rest of the roster, especially more pressing concerns, having those three in a battle royale for other safety role isn't the worst thing ever. I can understand it, especially if they don't put that level of importance on it (which they likely don't, given the emphasis the team puts on pass rush and the money they added to the corner room) 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, 49ersfan said:

Elite special teamer and solid rotational safety. Guess he'll split snaps with Hufanga & Moore at SS

Guessing Tartt isn't coming back. 

Does this take us out of the running for a S in the Draft? Unless the S is just by and far the BPA at our pick

I don't think that this means that Tartt isn't coming back. However with Oden and Burks it looks as though Harris is definitely out.

• Like 2