Browns to trade for QB Deshaun Watson; Agree to new contract (5yr 230M Fully GTD)

AkronsWitness

1 minute ago, SaveOurSonics said:

Am I the only one not buying “Cleveland has the most win-now roster”? I’d honestly much rather join New Orleans’ or Carolina’s supporting cast + infrastructure. 

Yeah New Orleans might be best team in NFC with Watson. It was about the money.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Forge said:

The browns gave him a lot of money is all. That's what it all came down to in the end

Yeah, I'd have a hard time turning down 230 mill in this time of inflation lol. Only gonna get worse also. Wise move, Watson .... for once

• Like 1

1 minute ago, wwhickok said:

... Well I'm curious to see how big of a suspension Watson gets. If Ridley gets an entire season for gambling, Watson should get at least 26 games.

Nah, an even 22 feels right 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, wwhickok said:

... Well I'm curious to see how big of a suspension Watson gets. If Ridley gets an entire season for gambling, Watson should get at least 26 games.

Hate to say it, but with the NFL's history with this sort of thing (and that criminal charges were conveniently avoided - which given the political influence of some of these owners and their donations, I'm not willing to put past something shady having gone down), I'm saying probably a max of 5-6 games.