Browns to trade for QB Deshaun Watson; Agree to new contract (5yr 230M Fully GTD)

AkronsWitness

12 minutes ago, Tk3 said:

I get the point of the tweet, but only 33% of those guys made the playoffs last year

The concept of just just 1 of them missing this year isn't insane

This also only Mahomes and Wilson regularly made the playoffs during their career so far and one just switched teams. 

Something better would be like if Brady, Rodgers, Brees, Manning, Rivers, Ben, Wilson were all in the same conference in the 2010’s as those guys for the most part were playoff guys every year, and even then Ben or Rivers not making it wouldn’t be stunning 

24 minutes ago, BroncoBruin said:

There isn’t a great young QB in the NFC so I thought it made sense for Watson to go there. The imbalance between conferences is even more absurd. 

Well there's team imbalance and QB imbalance.

The NFC was better last year overall from a team imbalance perspective. Going 40-39-1 against the AFC when the AFC had the extra home game is pretty significant IMO. NFC also had the teams with the best records and the Super Bowl champs.

I'd imagine the AFC will be better than the NFC next year, but it's not a guarantee and it's worth noting that there was an imbalance last year in favor of the NFC, so we'll have to wait and see how it shakes out.

QB imbalance is legit either way though.

25 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

I’m weighing the cost benefit analysis of asking Webby for a 2 week cool down ban or just posting something that will give me a 2 week ban

I'm with ya man.  I was alive when we won in 1964.  I'm not sure how I feel about this.  I really don't.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Ray Reed said:

Dang that’s wild...now I can have a real rivalry with @MWil23 @NudeTayne instead of the awkward big brother/little brother thing that’s been going on for years where you have to, like, pretend you respect and fear them so they don’t complete check-out after losing so much.

Cant wait 😘

Joke's on you...

• Like 1

1 minute ago, NateDawg said:

Rest easy regarding the compensation. When we trade Mayfield, we will surely recoup at least a fourth-fifth round pick. 

The whole reason they didn’t trade him is so he can start the games Watson is suspended for.