Ranking the Head Coach Hot Seat

Hunter2_1

4 hours ago, blkwdw13 said:

This is exactly why Fox should be fired.

And if he wasn't already on his way out, he certainly should be after that garbage we seen today. They had the game won on several occasions but kept shooting themselves in the foot with undisciplined penalties(looking at you Fox). Then to top it off, his own challenge costs them points.

On 11/11/2017 at 12:19 PM, EliteTexan80 said:

Ultimately - BOB should be let go, but will probably get a mulligan on the year.

Changing this up a bit - I wouldn't be surprised if BOB resigns on his own accord. A lot of the things he's saying and doing reminds me of someone who is cleaning out their office about 30 days before being laid off. 

BOB might be a guy who tops out at the college level. Given his resume, he could be a strong recruiter as well as a good resource when hitting up boosters for funds (which is probably more important than actual coaching for Power 5 schools). 

Can we finally add Adam Gase's name to the list of seats heating up? I can't wait till that chode is gone.

Never trusted that fraud from the get-go, as he treats the team like his fantasy football squad with a strict centric focus on the QB and playmakers while ignoring the o-line, and the defense altogether.

1 hour ago, Carmen Cygni said:

Can we finally add Adam Gase's name to the list of seats heating up? I can't wait till that chode is gone.

Add it to the list if you want, but Gase can go 5-11 this season and will still be the coach next year. The Cutler signing I will lay squarely at his feet, however, and that will have cap ramifications this coming offseason. For that matter, I think Tannenbaum and Grier will still be here as well.

4 hours ago, cddolphin said:

Add it to the list if you want, but Gase can go 5-11 this season and will still be the coach next year. The Cutler signing I will lay squarely at his feet, however, and that will have cap ramifications this coming offseason. For that matter, I think Tannenbaum and Grier will still be here as well.

I'm aware there's a strong chane he'll be the coach next year, but Ross also made a poor decision on Philbin in that respect, too. Also, here's a look at some the players Gase have vouched for, as he is in control of the roster, and have stunk up the joint:

Jermon Bushrod

Mario Williams

Julius Thomas

Anthony Fasano

Kiko Alonso

Andre Branch

Alterraun Verner

Rey Maualuga

Justin March-Lillard

Matt Moore

Jay Cutler

Let's not forget, bad staff selections like DC Burke and the infamous Foerster. He'll probably be back next year, and may even bump the win total to around 8, but he's undeserving of being a HC at this time in the league. Reminds me of the egomaniacal Josh McDaniels during his tenure with Denver.

I doubt Gase is in any trouble whatsoever. When you lose your starting QB in the NFL, your team is going to stink, Look how Houston and Green Bay are faring since they lost their starting QB's??? However Gase had a winning season last year and that is enough to get him another year. Did Miami fans really think Cutler would get them a lot of wins and he was probably the best QB they could get in that situation.

On 11/10/2017 at 6:57 PM, chargerbuckeye said:

Hue Jackson is gone for sure, 1-31 just will not cut it.

Fox will likely be gone as well although Chicago is in a total rebuild mode, so there was no way he was going to win a lot of games anyways.

If this is Lewis' last year on his contract, he could be in trouble, because the owner is too cheap to ever pay 2 HC's at the same time. Not that the owner ever gave him a roster that could do a whole lot.

Koetter probably gets one more year, and he will be on the hot seat next season.

No idea what the Chargers will do with Lynn, that organizations ranks just above the Brown's.

McAdoo is probably done. NY fans will never accept mediocrity and the owner knows it.

Pagano lost Luck, so the Colts were not going anywhere , but they won't finish last, so that is a plus in his favour.

Hey, the HC is always the scapegoat for the GM and is the first to go, but remember, the GM hired that HC and if he stinks, you have to question the GM's ability to spot a talented HC and smart owners will often cut ties with both the HC and the GM.

If O'Brien is fired, he would not last a day on the open market, before getting another job and Houston fans would likely find out, the other side of the mountain isn't always greener.

52 minutes ago, Iamcanadian said:

I doubt Gase is in any trouble whatsoever. When you lose your starting QB in the NFL, your team is going to stink, Look how Houston and Green Bay are faring since they lost their starting QB's??? However Gase had a winning season last year and that is enough to get him another year. Did Miami fans really think Cutler would get them a lot of wins and he was probably the best QB they could get in that situation.

A washed up, retired QB coming off season ending shoulder surgery was absolutely NOT the best choice. Gase also failed to have a competent backup ready to go. If Moore wasn't capable of handling the duties for taking over the starting job should/if Tannehill face difficulties returning from his season ending knee injury, what is he doing on the team? Tannehill was also hurt during training camp which was plenty of time to bring in a competent QB from outside with a reasonable amount of time for someone new to learn the system and to gel with the offense.

Houston and Green Bay lost their QB's midseason so the adjustment is more difficult for everyone involved. Specifically speaking, Hundley had never started an NFL gaame until 4 weeks ago, and O'Brien runs a very complex offensive system that he has always refused to trim down for any QB so he presents his own troubles for any type of QB transition.

Overall the Dolphins are undisciplined, unmotivated, and are not competitive. Those are all coaching issues, regardless of losses at high end positions. Do I see Gase being fired after this year? Unfortunately, no. If Sparano and Philbin where given 3 years, I expect the same grace period to be extended to Gase as well.

21 hours ago, Carmen Cygni said:

A washed up, retired QB coming off season ending shoulder surgery was absolutely NOT the best choice. Gase also failed to have a competent backup ready to go. If Moore wasn't capable of handling the duties for taking over the starting job should/if Tannehill face difficulties returning from his season ending knee injury, what is he doing on the team? Tannehill was also hurt during training camp which was plenty of time to bring in a competent QB from outside with a reasonable amount of time for someone new to learn the system and to gel with the offense.

Houston and Green Bay lost their QB's midseason so the adjustment is more difficult for everyone involved. Specifically speaking, Hundley had never started an NFL gaame until 4 weeks ago, and O'Brien runs a very complex offensive system that he has always refused to trim down for any QB so he presents his own troubles for any type of QB transition.

Overall the Dolphins are undisciplined, unmotivated, and are not competitive. Those are all coaching issues, regardless of losses at high end positions. Do I see Gase being fired after this year? Unfortunately, no. If Sparano and Philbin where given 3 years, I expect the same grace period to be extended to Gase as well.

Just where do you find a competent QB when you starter is injured, they simply do not exist in the NFL and I doubt Gase had the authority to sign or draft any other QB??? Cutler was about the best you could hope for.

11 hours ago, cddolphin said:

No. Most on the forum (admittedly not many overall) were predicting 9-11 wins with Tannehill, and 7-9 wins with Cutler.

7-9 wins with Cutler, not very likely. He has been found wanting at every stop in his career, so why would anybody expect 7-9 wins from him???

Archived