Deshaun Watson is a Cleveland Brown

brownie man

12 hours ago, nugpimpen said:

I can't believe this is where I'm at, but I'd love Kaep at this point.

He would be great but IDK if the Browns could handle the media circus of Watson/Kaep being in the same QB room.

Maybe they do it for some goodwill? All I know is that he is probably better than Rosen and Dobbs even if he hasn't played in 6 years or whatever 

Edited by AkronsWitness

3 minutes ago, AkronsWitness said:

He would be great but IDK if the Browns could handle the media circus of Watson/Kaep being in the same QB room.

Maybe they do it for some goodwill? All I know is that he is probably better than Rosen and Dobbs even if he hasn't played in 6 years or whatever 

I thought I read that he had a horrible workout with the Raiders.  Well...maybe there were reports that it was good, and other reports that it was bad.  I get that he was initially being black-balled for his stance on kneeling, but he also wasn't very good towards the end of his playing time.

It also reminds me about how soooooooooo many people said (and sometimes still say) that they have stopped watching the NFL, when the players started taking a knee.  I always wonder how many of those people are actually telling the truth about watching games?  If all the "outraged" folks stopped watching, it certainly hasn't hurt the bottom line for the NFL.

It's the same thing with all of the "outraged" folks right now.  People can say all they want about how they are done with football, done with the Browns...whatever.  I highly doubt it's going to hurt them where it counts....the pocket book.

42 minutes ago, big poppa pump said:

I thought I read that he had a horrible workout with the Raiders.  Well...maybe there were reports that it was good, and other reports that it was bad.  I get that he was initially being black-balled for his stance on kneeling, but he also wasn't very good towards the end of his playing time.

Can we stop with this stupid lazy narrative that everyone wants to repeat. He had 16tds 4 ints almost 60% completion in 12 games of his last season. He played just fine. Especially considering he had that moron chip Kelly coaching him. He might not have been a 100M qb at that time but he was a good starting qb. 

Just now, sdrawkcab321 said:

Can we stop with this stupid lazy narrative that everyone wants to repeat. He had 16tds 4 ints almost 60% completion in 12 games of his last season. He played just fine. Especially considering he had that moron chip Kelly coaching him. He might not have been a 100M qb at that time but he was a good starting qb. 

He was average and he was the one who opted out of that contract and turned down other smaller deals.

He absolutely should have been in the league but a lot of those stats were put up in garbage time too.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

yea a 3-16 record his last 2 seasons was pretty solid

Edited by big poppa pump
QBR of 46 ish those 2 seasons too..who has the lazy take?
  • Like 2

17 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

He was average and he was the one who opted out of that contract and turned down other smaller deals.

He absolutely should have been in the league but a lot of those stats were put up in garbage time too.

The entire season was garbage time because he had an all time bad defense. He wasn’t Aaron Rodgers where he could rise above that but yes he should have been in the league. It was all political. 

8 minutes ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

The entire season was garbage time because he had an all time bad defense. He wasn’t Aaron Rodgers where he could rise above that but yes he should have been in the league. It was all political. 

It was absolutely political, but he’s the one who opted out and he’s the one who turned down lesser contracts. That’s on him. Everything after that for the most part is political.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

With one of the worst defenses of all time and 2 of the worst HCs ever. Kinda hard to pin those losses on him. 

Right to "team sucked" take...lmao

Again...it was absolutely political, and I said he was "black balled".  He probably should have been in the league, but as a backup, or fringe starter for a crappy, QB needy team....

• Like 3

1 hour ago, MWil23 said:

Point being regardless of why, CK hasn’t taken a snap or been rostered in over 6 years. Pass.

AJ McCarron and Cam Newton are both FAs - I also think both are better than Dobbs/Rosen and with a actual full offseason, I bet each one would have given Brissett a run for his money for starter. Especially Newton.

This offense is actual great for Cam with all of the play action bootlegs, relying on a run heavy attack and not doing too much reading the field and thinking. 

Edited by AkronsWitness

2 hours ago, big poppa pump said:

Right to "team sucked" take...lmao

Again...it was absolutely political, and I said he was "black balled".  He probably should have been in the league, but as a backup, or fringe starter for a crappy, QB needy team....

The team did suck. Are you denying the Jim Tomsula and chip Kelly eras were bad? Kap wasn’t a star but he didn’t suck.