Deshaun Watson is a Cleveland Brown

brownie man

1 hour ago, brownie man said:

@MWil23

How’d you know I’m a big Pac fan?! 😂 

Deshaun gotta deal with whatever he’s gotta deal with. He can’t go back in time, but I hope going forward he makes the right decisions and that the professional help he’s going to receive makes a positive impact. 

He will have to take positive steps or he won't see the field. Watson agreed to that, and that he isn't allowed to get massages on his own along with other stuff. Stuff that makes it sound like maybe he knows he has a problem and his ego is just too big to admit it to others.

Hopefully that's the case. If he really thinks what he did was okay he isn't going to get a psychologist to clear him so he can play after 11 weeks.

10 hours ago, Thomas5737 said:

He will have to take positive steps or he won't see the field. Watson agreed to that, and that he isn't allowed to get massages on his own along with other stuff. Stuff that makes it sound like maybe he knows he has a problem and his ego is just too big to admit it to others.

Hopefully that's the case. If he really thinks what he did was okay he isn't going to get a psychologist to clear him so he can play after 11 weeks.

I actually disagree with this assessment. If he's as pathological as he appears to be then he could run circles of manipulation around a naive therapist, of which there are many; they're just people, after all.

When it comes down to it, we're all just guessing based on the available evidence; however, his energy is not contrite and has some "darkness" to it--just my read on his energy.

I fully expect Watson to do everything to get reinstated and also do not at all believe he will be somehow healed of his nature just because of the guardrails set up for him. I believe he will continue to look at the world through a predatorial lens. I believe all of this is just for show, that he both does understand what he did isn't okay but also already knew that while he was doing it. I'll go as far as saying that that is the entire reason why he did those acts at all in the first place. 

All that said, I do believe it will affect him on the football field and he won't consistently be the same player he was, especially when he comes back this year. There is a certain level of torment that he is going to endure. He doesn't so much care for the emotional well-being of these women but does care about how the world looks at him. Deshaun doesn't want people to keep calling him a sexual predator, but he is also fine being one.  But maybe he'll be fine. We'll see.

P.S. to whomever: feel free to read my take as fantasy if you like. 

4 hours ago, NudeTayne said:

I fully expect Watson to do everything to get reinstated and also do not at all believe he will be somehow healed of his nature just because of the guardrails set up for him. I believe he will continue to look at the world through a predatorial lens. I believe all of this is just for show, that he both does understand what he did isn't okay but also already knew that while he was doing it. I'll go as far as saying that that is the entire reason why he did those acts at all in the first place. 

Unless he’s truly the dumbest human being on the planet or just truly can’t control himself, I bet he acts like a model saint for 1-2 years.

Then, if he hasn’t changed, his “urges” start slowly bubbling to the surface around year 3-4.

• Like 2

On 8/21/2022 at 3:08 AM, NudeTayne said:

I actually disagree with this assessment. If he's as pathological as he appears to be then he could run circles of manipulation around a naive therapist, of which there are many; they're just people, after all.

When it comes down to it, we're all just guessing based on the available evidence; however, his energy is not contrite and has some "darkness" to it--just my read on his energy.

All that said, I do believe it will affect him on the football field and he won't consistently be the same player he was, especially when he comes back this year. There is a certain level of torment that he is going to endure. He doesn't so much care for the emotional well-being of these women but does care about how the world looks at him. Deshaun doesn't want people to keep calling him a sexual predator, but he is also fine being one.  But maybe he'll be fine. We'll see.

P.S. to whomever: feel free to read my take as fantasy if you like. 

If he could "manipulate" the situation in order to play, why couldn't he focus on what his task is? If he is as pathological as you say, why would this affect him at all? 

Wouldn't he just go out there and ball like nothing happened, according to some he isn't remorseful or contrite anyway, why would this affect him (outside of booing or hostile environments)?  Just wondering 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, MSURacerDT55 said:

If he could "manipulate" the situation in order to play, why couldn't he focus on what his task is? If he is as pathological as you say, why would this affect him at all? 

Wouldn't he just go out there and ball like nothing happened, according to some he isn't remorseful or contrite anyway, why would this affect him (outside of booing or hostile environments)?  Just wondering 

According to Watson he isn't remorseful because while the written statement (likely not his writing) apologized to the women he affected he more recently said he is innocent and never disrespected anyone in his entire life. (none of us can claim that so maybe he has a Jesus complex?)

I think it is unknown if the boos/chants etc... will hurt his play. Pretty much have to wait and see. We're all different, some thrive under pressure some wilt and some stay pretty much status quo. 

That's for another day though. We'll see if he stays out of trouble and gets clearance to be reinstated before it has to be worried about. 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, MSURacerDT55 said:

Not to go full DSM, but the best explanation would be that it would be based on what flavor of personality disorder(s) he exhibits. My own read is that I see him being at the very least something like a vulnerable/covert narcissist. He wants to be liked and does his best to control his image. He seemed embarrassed in those press conferences but likely IMO only because he got caught. He would have continued (and still may though probably not) that behavior ad infinitum if he hadn't been caught. 

I do believe that the booing will affect him because he is not a full-on sociopath even if he may some level of these traits. This is just my take on observing him. I've always found his personality weird. 

That said, he's a smart guy, or at least smart enough to put on a mask. He is able to come off charismatic when he chooses to send should have no problem getting teammates to like him. He's performing, though, and when the opportunity has shown itself for him to exhibit extreme selfishness he has. 

I don't think he is, say, a grandiose narcissist and thus does care about how he is perceived. He lies and is generally sneaky/shameful in his energy, not unapologetic about it. That's why I believe the public shaming may ruin him.

We'll see how it all plays out in the coming years. 

40 minutes ago, NudeTayne said:

He would have continued (and still may though probably not) that behavior ad infinitum if he hadn't been caught. 

Yeah I don't see the same scenario happening again. Of course, they didn't say anything about hiring Instagram chiropractors. 

2 hours ago, NudeTayne said:

He wants to be liked and does his best to control his image. He seemed embarrassed in those press conferences but likely IMO only because he got caught. He would have continued (and still may though probably not) that behavior ad infinitum if he hadn't been caught. 

I do believe that the booing will affect him because he is not a full-on sociopath even if he may some level of these traits. This is just my take on observing him. I've always found his personality weird. 

I think you’re kinda spot on. 

He’s a quarterback, so he can’t be completely psychotic or nobody would respond to him. It’s almost like a politician where you HAVE to have a certain charm and desire to be liked. If not, you’d be terrible at that job.

As I said before, this probably won’t happen again in the near future unless he’s a complete idiot.

Edited by candyman93
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
12 minutes ago, dawgdish said:

Houston sitting there with our 3 #1 picks laughing at us and breathing a sigh of relief that this nightmare of a human being is no longer their concern

Ha Ha Smile GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

Maybe, but they sure didn’t seem to mind what he was doing when he was there. Some would even say they’re complicit.

The only real issue they had is when he said he wanted traded and wasn’t gonna play for them.  Had he been willing to suit up for them he’d 100% be on that roster.

Edited by LETSGOBROWNIES
  • Like 1