Where does Baker Mayfield get traded to and how much does he go for? !Poll!

brownie man

Where does Baker get trade to and how much does he go for?   

162 members have voted

1. 1. What team trades for Baker?

• Seattle Seahawks
    • Indianapolis Colts
    • New Orleans Saints
    • Detroit Lions
    • Somewhere else

My gut says we're going to fleece Seattle. That Howie Roseman special a 2023 second round pick and a 2024 conditional 3rd that could be a first. 

Or I could see us doing something like 

Baker and pick 44 to Carolina for pick 6 to take Jordan Davis 

6 minutes ago, brownie man said:

Baker and pick 44 to Carolina for pick 6 to take Jordan Davis 

That would value Baker roughly at the #13 overall pick.... 

Think this is a pipe dream for Baker.

• Like 10

7 minutes ago, Forge said:

Seattle for a second. 

Lockett + conditional 3rd. If he makes Pro Bowl the 3rd becomes a 2nd in 2023.

Seahawks are looking to trade Lockett anyways and he would be a perfect WR2 with a skillset to compliment Cooper.

Question is do the Browns value cap space from Baker or do they want to grab another 'right now player'

• Like 2

Just now, AkronsWitness said:

Lockett + conditional 3rd. If he makes Pro Bowl the 3rd becomes a 2nd in 2023.

Seahawks are looking to trade Lockett anyways and he would be a perfect WR2 with a skillset to compliment Cooper.

Question is do the Browns value cap space from Baker or do they want to grab another 'right now player'

Lockett costs Seattle like 20 million more to trade than to keep. No chance

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Forge said:

Lockett costs Seattle like 20 million more to trade than to keep. No chance

I think you're looking at his guaranteed salaries and roster bonuses, those would carry to Cleveland.

According to OTC they can trade Lockett with a 5.15m cap hit.

If they designate it a June 1st trade they could save 6.25m

9 minutes ago, Dome said:

That would value Baker roughly at the #13 overall pick.... 

Think this is a pipe dream for Baker.

I think it depends on Carolina signing him long term and how team friendly are the extension terms.

7 minutes ago, Dome said:

I think you're looking at his guaranteed salaries and roster bonuses, those would carry to Cleveland.

According to OTC they can trade Lockett with a 5.15m cap hit.

If they designate it a June 1st trade they could save 6.25m

Not sure where you're getting that. His option bonus was picked up last month, so he has signing bonus proration that escalates immediately (4x3.8) + option bonus proration (4x3.2). that's 28 million escalating against the cap this year. 

• Like 1

Just now, SkippyX said:

I think it depends on Carolina signing him long term and how team friendly are the extension terms.

Like if he agreed to a multi-year "prove it deal" kind of thing?

I could see that putting his value a lot higher.

Not sure about #13 though

and not sure if Baker would be down. He might think he can demand 36m per year fully guaranteed, but no idea where his heads at.

2 minutes ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

But do they even care about that right now? They’re rebuilding. They might rather have baker or a pick 

I don't know why you needlessly just blow the money. It rolls over and he can contribute

4 minutes ago, Forge said:

Not sure where you're getting that. His option bonus was picked up last month, so he has signing bonus proration that escalates immediately (4x3.8) + option bonus proration (4x3.2). that's 31 million escalating against the cap this year. 

According to Over The Cap that roster bonus would carry over on his contract to Cleveland. They're usually on the ball but maybe they're whiffing here.

https://overthecap.com/player/tyler-lockett/3917/

the tool in the far right column, you can see what happens with different designations. the $21m cap hit only happens if he's cut.

Edited by Dome

2 minutes ago, Forge said:

I don't know why you needlessly just blow the money. It rolls over and he can contribute

The giants took like a 30M cap hit when they traded Odell. It happens. Rebuilding teams want a young asset and picks. They might want to do baker for locket. 

Just now, Dome said:

According to Over The Cap that roster bonus would carry over on his contract to Cleveland. They're usually on the ball but maybe they're whiffing here.

So I'm looking into this and the only thing that makes sense is if the option bonus has guaranteed / locked in, but hasn't been paid. Spotrac doesn't state whether the option date listed is the guaranteed date or the paydate and I'm pretty sure that makes a difference. If Seattle has paid it, they are reponsible for the corresponding cap hit. If it's not been paid, it would be carried over to the new team. 

The date of pick up is noted on the contract terms (2/18/22) however that doesn't necessarily mean it's been paid (bonuses are usually get paid after the new league year at some point)