Where does Baker Mayfield get traded to and how much does he go for? !Poll!

brownie man

Where does Baker get trade to and how much does he go for?   

162 members have voted

1. 1. What team trades for Baker?

• Seattle Seahawks
    • Indianapolis Colts
    • New Orleans Saints
    • Detroit Lions
    • Somewhere else

1 minute ago, NYRaider said:

Jacobs is at least still a valuable contributor carrying us to the playoffs late in the season. The Browns literally cannot even give Baker away at this point.

Interesting. Not sure what it has to do with anything or how factual it is but noted.

I’d love a Lions fan’s opinion on this

Yo I just had a thought

what if in a trade to Detroit the browns picked up all of Bakers contract and traded him for pick 32?

I really think that could potentially make sense. Baker gets back with Dorsey, and they can have him come in and compete with Goff but not have to pay him. 

We take a L on the contract but we also get a first rounder back. If they don’t go QB at two I’d definitely take Baker over the QBs that’ll be left. And they don’t have to pay him. Is this an unreasonable thought?

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, brownie man said:

Yo I just had a thought

what if in a trade to Detroit the browns picked up all of Bakers contract and traded him for pick 32?

I really think that could potentially make sense. Baker gets back with Dorsey, and they can have him come in and compete with Goff but not have to pay him. 

We take a L on the contract but we also get a first rounder back. If they don’t go QB at two I’d definitely take Baker over the QBs that’ll be left. And they don’t have to pay him. Is this an unreasonable thought?

If Detroit think Baker long term on a contract he would want in 2023 is a better option than a rookie in 2023, then sure.  But I doubt that would be the case.

Goff is similar...if not better than Baker

Just now, squire12 said:

If Detroit think Baker long term on a contract he would want in 2023 is a better option than a rookie in 2023, then sure.  But I doubt that would be the case.

Goff is similar...if not better than Baker

Its about upside. Thats one thing Baker still has that Goff doesnt. Goff has already shown who he is and what he can/cant do. There is still a level of intrigue to Baker where its easy to make a argument for him not being at his ceiling.

That might be something Dorsey (who drafted him) and a Detroit fanbase could make a play on. At least it will give their fanbase a nice jolt of optimism.

19 hours ago, Thomas5737 said:

Then you know you aren't having a stroke.

I don’t get strokes, I give ‘em mother ******

- Jim Brown in Any Given Sunday 

2 minutes ago, AkronsWitness said:

Its about upside. Thats one thing Baker still has that Goff doesnt. Goff has already shown who he is and what he can/cant do. There is still a level of intrigue to Baker where its easy to make a argument for him not being at his ceiling.

That might be something Dorsey (who drafted him) and a Detroit fanbase could make a play on. At least it will give their fanbase a nice jolt of optimism.

If Baker had significant upside... from a leaguewide view....he would have been traded already.

For a late 1st, not enough upside over Goff or 2023 QB

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, squire12 said:

If Baker had significant upside... from a leaguewide view....he would have been traded already.

For a late 1st, not enough upside over Goff or 2023 QB

He hasnt been traded already because the rest of the league is trying to smoke out the Browns to lower his trade value. Its been reported multiple teams are interested, they just are trying to force the Browns to eat some of his salary.

Im not even talking about a 1st. The Lions could probably get it done for a conditional 3rd that turns into a 2nd if he meets X criteria.

Edited by AkronsWitness

I don't think Baker Mayfield is going anywhere yet.  If Deshaun Watson is going to serve a suspension Mayfield could still be useful.

The four teams that need a QB will likely want to see who they can get in the draft.  If one is displeased they might make an offer.  Otherwise, it can wait until a starting QB goes down somewhere.

25 minutes ago, Dr A W Niloc said:

I don't think Baker Mayfield is going anywhere yet.  If Deshaun Watson is going to serve a suspension Mayfield could still be useful.

The four teams that need a QB will likely want to see who they can get in the draft.  If one is displeased they might make an offer.  Otherwise, it can wait until a starting QB goes down somewhere.

Just wait. Keep him on the roster and wait for a teams QB to get injured. Then the tables get turned on who is desperate once that team realizes starting John Wolford for 11 weeks sounds horrific.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, AkronsWitness said:

Just wait. Keep him on the roster and wait for a teams QB to get injured. Then the tables get turned on who is desperate once that team realizes starting John Wolford for 11 weeks sounds horrific.

Oh don't misunderstand me. I'm am a Baker hater 100% for sure, but he's undoubtedly an NFL QB and certainly a top 32 one at that. He will almost CERTAINLY be starting a game this year at some point.

I just don't think you burn a second, let's say, for a guy who is similar to what you have. I think you draft someone and keep Goff if you are going that route. SEA or CAR seem like more desperate spots roster-wise.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Soggust said:

Oh don't misunderstand me. I'm am a Baker hater 100% for sure, but he's undoubtedly an NFL QB and certainly a top 32 one at that. He will almost CERTAINLY be starting a game this year at some point.

I just don't think you burn a second, let's say, for a guy who is similar to what you have. I think you draft someone and keep Goff if you are going that route. SEA or CAR seem like more desperate spots roster-wise.

Seattle makes too much sense. A QB competition between Lock/Mayfield will bring out the best in one of them who have both been waiting to constantly 'break out' for 2 years now. How many times do you get a chance to bring in a QB like Baker for a 3rd rounder. Its well worth the dart throw IMO.

If it works, you got a young franchise QB for essentially free. If not, your out a 3rd rounder, whoopie. 

The only way it doesnt make sense is if your trying to openly tank for Stroud/Young. Which if thats the case, just come out and say it lol

Edited by AkronsWitness
  • Like 1

36 minutes ago, Soggust said:

The reason I say Detroit though is because of the John Dorsey connection. He drafted Baker with us, and the benefit is that if he turns out not to be the guy you can still go for a big time swing in 2023, but if you decide you love him you’ve not got a franchise QB. 

I feel like for a team like Detroit if the Browns would eat the salary it might be worth it to have a Goff Baker QB battle and see if one can be the long term guy as opposed to taking one of these QBs in this lackluster draft. Dorsey’s grade on Baker is probably better than his grand on any of these young QBs, and I know he’s not the full GM but if he has a say then it might be worth it. 

2 hours ago, brownie man said:

Yo I just had a thought

2 hours ago, AkronsWitness said:

He hasnt been traded already because the rest of the league is trying to smoke out the Browns to lower his trade value. Its been reported multiple teams are interested, they just are trying to force the Browns to eat some of his salary.

Im not even talking about a 1st. The Lions could probably get it done for a conditional 3rd that turns into a 2nd if he meets X criteria.

You may not be.  But the start of this conversation specifically was.